Merlin in Abu Dhabi

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Barbs_uae, May 21, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Barbs_uae

Barbs_uae New Member

Hi... my name is Merlin and my mommy's name is Barbara. We live in Abu Dhabi in the UAE. I'm a 9 year old Arabian Mau. About a month ago I was diagnosed with diabetes.

My mommy gives me 2 shots of 3 units of insulin a day. She's petrified of needles so the vet have us the Lantus pen to use. So far things haven't been going too badly. I'm still drinking lots of water. I went to the vet on Thursday and we're waiting on the results of my blood tests so that we can adjust my dosage.

Mommy used to feed me cans of Applaws tuna and cheese but the whole country is out of stock so I've been eating Felix. I'm a fussy boy and she's had to chuck out plate after plate of food because me and my brother don't like it!

Today I'm freaking my mom out. I've decided that I'm not going to eat my dinner. She's tried everything. She hasn't given me my insulin. Is she doing the right thing? It's almost 11pm here in the desert so calling the vet is not an option.

2. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

Welcome to you and your human Merlin! Now tou have to eat before you can get your insulin! Is there maybe any real tuna in the house that she can pour the juice on your food and maybe that would help you eat it?

3. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

4. Barbs_uae

Barbs_uae New Member

Thanks. I did that

5. Barbs_uae

Barbs_uae New Member

Thanks for your reply Sarah. Using human tuna would make that too easy on her. She tried that. I sniffed it, nibbled and just when she thought I was going to eat it I walked away.

She's tried tuna and prawn, tuna and ocean fish, just plain tuna, tuna and seaweed... we were not interested in any of them.

6. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

Hello and welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.