Meter supplies

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Tina and Gracie (GA), Apr 20, 2019.

1. Tina and Gracie (GA)

Tina and Gracie (GA) Member

It has been months since I have needed new meter strips and lancets. I’m finally due.
    Can someone please remind me the size of the lancets I need? My last order was for Alpha Trak2 lancets. Those are not very budget friendly.

Oh yeah. I’m running low on meter strips. I know Walmart technically stopped carrying the ReliOn supplies, but I vaguely remember a post (months ago) that talked about another company that made them. It sounded like they were still available, but through a different vender. I can’t seem to find the post though.

Does anyone have any idea where to buy them?

The other option is...to use a freestyle meter that my job gave me. The blood sample needed is much larger though.

2. Jasper Blue and Jay

Jasper Blue and Jay Member

My walmart didn't have a Relion Prime? when I needed to get a meter, so I got a Relion Premier Compact because Premier was the only relion line they had at the time... and the strips were the same price as the other one.

Then I started doubting the meter because he always acted so much lower than he was testing...so I got a different meter to compare and as a backup.

I got the Relion Premier Voice meter... and I LOVE it.

It tells you their 30, 14, 7 and 1 day averages! It tells you what time you tested, and it tells you the temperature when you tested lol.

Also, it talks... lol... which may or may not upset your cat...mine already knows her voice lol

You can lower the volume all the way off *I think*. Cause it does beep when the blood is collected by their ear.

I don't know if this is helpful at all lol but yeah the strips are the same price, at least at my walmart, as the other cheaper relion strips.

3. Jasper Blue and Jay

Oh just realized you were looking for strips not a new meter lol

Also relion makes very cheap lancets in a bunch of sizes... its just a few bucks for a big box of the microthins. They give a big enough sample for the relion premier and compact meters.

4. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Tina and Gracie (GA) likes this.
  5. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Lancets just depend on how hard it is to collect the blood. 26 and 28 gauge lancets are larger so if blood is hard to get, you can use those. 30 gauge lancets are smaller so a lot of people move to those once blood becomes easier to collect.

6. Tina and Gracie (GA)

@Jasper Blue and Jay The Walmart where I live stopped carrying the supplies in general (I think). I don’t think it was just where I live, as I live on the West Coast and many people I know on here grew concerned once they heard the news.

Anyway, thanks for the suggestion. I’m glad you are still able to get your supplies at Walmart. :)

7. Tina and Gracie (GA)

8. Jasper Blue and Jay

Oh wow! That's so weird! I would have thought all walmarts would carry it since it's their own line.

Does walmart.com deliver to you?

9. Tina and Gracie (GA)

Walmart delivers to me; however, shipping for that item isn't available. Which means it is only available in store. I have probably close to 15 Walmarts near me within a 50-mile radius and all of them do not carry it.

10. Jasper Blue and Jay

That's so weird! I wonder if it has anything to do with state laws? I checked before I asked and it looks like it will ship test strips here...

Amazon and ebay also seem to have them.

11. Jasper Blue and Jay

So , wait, do you mean your stores have NO relion products of any type?

Or just the prime/confirm/micro meter/strips?

The new line seems to be the Relion Premier line, and they have three types of Premier meters.

Relion Premier Compact
    Relion Premier Voice
    Relion Premier blu

All three use the same test strips, which are the same exact price as the prime strips.

Your spreadsheet doesn't say which meter you use, just relion, and you just keep saying "relion supplies" but there are different lines of Relion meters/strips...and the Premier is new so definitely not discontinued. So I'm not sure if you're specifically looking for strips for one relion line that is now discontinued? Or if your stores have absolutely zero Relion products and walmart.com will also not ship ANY relion products to you?

Walmart.com sells all of this stuff... but if they won't ship to you for some reason, ebay and amazon also seem to have all the Premier and Prime stuff.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2019
  12. Tina and Gracie (GA)

Hi Jay,

I use the ReliOn Confirm meter. The Walmarts near me carry some ReliOn items, but I was skeptical and was not sure what would match with what I originally purchased. The pharmacist behind the counter said I needed to buy a new meter. It was all kinds of confusing.

@Jenna Josie sent me a link with what I needed.

Walmart.com will ship some ReliOn products to me, but again I wasn't sure if they were compatible with what I originally purchased. I called them too and the person on the other line just confused me more. I'm sure it didn't need to be this complicated. Perhaps I was confused and didn't word my question right. Who knows.

In the end, I could have picked up a BG kit from my job. They like us, employees to be proactive about our health. They encourage us to walk on breaks, test BG regularly . . . and drink water.

I hope you are enjoying your Sunday.