Milo Update

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by milosmommy, Feb 18, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. milosmommy

milosmommy Member

As I tested Milo today I realized it had been to long since I had been here. Today is our 150 day OTJ - hard to believe it is 5 months. I have attached Milo's spreadsheet and although the last reading before today's was back in January I test him every 2 weeks. His reading which I didn't log was similar- his "normal" now tends to be in the high 50's which astonishes me. He gets his Fancy Feast daily- for bed treat (he runs like a dog to get in bed) he gets Friskie's Party Mix treats 4 daily. He gets meat- chicken, hamburger, steak and ham in small quantities. He has also discovered lasagna (noodles and all) and pizza sausage are wonderful. When I mention those I want you to know it is only 1-2 small bites occasionally. The other day he was messing by the refrig with a toy and somehow he found an old, old, old piece of dry diabetic hard food. Poor thing inhaled like he had never had anything so good and tried to find more! He is still up all morning, naps a couple hours in afternoon and up till dinner, then short nap and up until bedtime. Just like a little kid! Full of energy. When he goes to bed at night he snuggles with us till alarm goes off. He does not like school delays or weekends because he has to wake me up to eat!

Just an update and wanted to thank everyone again for all the advice and help. Hope all the kitties are doing well!. As I judged the school science fair today I thought what a good project----kids showing how high carb foods can affect diabetic cats. I am sure there is more than enough data for kids to do. Even just showing the reduction in insulin when diet changes, some going off totally and then those whose owners are unable to change diet due to other kitties.

2. Steve & Jock

Steve & Jock Member

Hurray for Milo!

Janet did a survey a while ago and found that the average BG for a non-diabetic cat was, I think, 57....

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news!!! I love the idea of the bedtime treat, that's hilarious!!! Thanks for the update, it's so nice to hear when kitties are doing so great.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.