? Mini Curve questions

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by sherrib, Dec 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sherrib

sherrib Well-Known Member

when doing a curve, I feed as usual right? I usually do every 2 hrs.... How do you do yours?

I'm having issues w Skittles and have another thread going... Please, please look at it and give me your feed back
    My SS is not updated( will try to do that soon ) But in my 1st post on my other thread I listed all his numbers since 12/13 and in my last post I posted all his numbers for today... Preshot , +2, +6,+8 and will post his PMPS too
    Really need input
    Thank you in advance,
    SB Team

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

You should feed as normal during a curve. A curve usually means testing every two hours from pre-shot to pre-shot. A lot of people do withhold food for at least two hours before their pre-shot tests, and if that is your practice, the same should be done during your curve. The best curve is one that allows you to see the glucose levels during a day that is as 'normal' as possible, so you don't want to change your feeding practices.

3. sherrib

sherrib Well-Known Member

Thanks. One of My old vets hated that I do my own curves instead of paying them to do it... actually they were just not supportive at all.
    I do withhold food 2 hrs before AM & PM PS

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.