GA Miss Meows

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by missMeows, Sep 22, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missMeows

missMeows Well-Known Member

My dearest Angel. Miss Meows as we lovingly called her. Or Squeaks, Squeaks McGee, Meowza (she enjoyed vocalizing if you couldn't tell). We helped her cross yesterday...

My little shoulder Angel. Found her nearly 13 years ago, huddled in a basket in the cold with a little orange tabby brother. Only 4 weeks old. Nursed them both to health and found her brother a loving home. My dad, who hated cats, hounded me to find her a home as well. I conveniently forgot to ask around and so she became a permanent member of our family. My dad, for the record, is also now a cat person and has been thinking of getting two of his own. All thanks to little Miss Meows.

We had an appointment to see the vet yesterday to perhaps try more blood work and medicine. Tuesday night she got worse. We decided to cancel the vet appointment and called a hospice service. I couldn't bring myself to take her to the vet (her least favorite place in the world) and have that as her last memory. Instead, we took out the "forbidden" sewing basket. A wicker basket that her whole life she tried so hard to jump in a play with. All that string, and buttons, and needles inside. We took the basket out, opened it up, and let her finally see it's contents. She poked her head inside, sniffed around a bit, and rubbed her cheek on the corner. Satisfied at last!

We helped her pass in the comfort of our home. I held her and kissed her head and told her she was a good kitty, a good Meowza. I think I felt her try to purr... something she hadn't done in months. We have a paw print. Her ashes are going to be in a little garden at a vet clinic. Helping the plants grow. She was always such a good helper with the plants to grow. Seems fitting.

14379821_10101095057712676_8806765434788581308_o.jpg

Thank you all for your support this past year and a half. For helping me keep her as happy and comfortable for as long as we possibly could. You're kindness knows no bounds and for that, I, we (my fiancé and I) are eternally grateful.

I might not be back her often, but I will be around on the Facebook page. I'd like to give back if I could, so if you ever know of anyone who needs help with their sugar kitty in the Philadelphia area, please give me a shout.

2. Peg and Toby

Peg and Toby Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss. Sending Hugs and Prayers. May your memories of your sweet kitty be a comfort.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

3. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

I am so sorry it was Miss Meows' time to cross. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

((((Gabrielle)))) My heart is breaking for you. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: I am so sorry it was Miss Meows time to go. You did the right thing by her. I love the idea of the forbidden sewing box as a memory for both of you.

Fly free little Angel, land softly at the bridge. Send momma a sign when you've made it safely there.

I look to the sky tonight for a new bright star.

5. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to hear it was Miss Meow's time to leave you :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

It's wonderful that you found someone to come to your home to help her cross too. So much more peaceful and loving.
    Fly free sweet Meowza and land softly....there are many at the Bridge to keep you company until the ones you love most come to be with you forevercat_wings>o
    you always said I was your angel...now it's time to get my wings.jpg

6. Asrael

Asrael Well-Known Member

SO much love to you and your DFiance- I know your heart must be breaking, but it also sounds like a beautiful goodbye- and I love that she will live on in the flowers- and the garden of the vet clinic. SO much LOVE and so many hugs to you :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry. I'm glad she was able to be home with you and surrounded by your love. Fly free Miss Meows. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

8. Marilyn and Polly

Marilyn and Polly Well-Known Member

A beautifully poignant remembrance and tribute for your beautiful girl. Love. So much love.

Travel with the stardust little one. Light for your hurting hearts.

Marilyn and Polly

9. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry about Miss Meows! She was beautiful!:bighug::bighug:

10. Julie and Eleanor (GA)

Julie and Eleanor (GA) Well-Known Member

11. elizabeth and gus

elizabeth and gus Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

12. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA) Member

So very sorry to hear about your baby girl. Thank you for sharing such a special photo. Sending you and your family healing prayers in the days ahead...cat_wings>o:rb_icon:

Dawn

13. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. What a sweet tribute to your girl. Very cute that she converted your dad to a cat person. Hugs to you.
    Liz

14. Doodles & Karen

Doodles & Karen Well-Known Member

Lovely tribute for your sweet beautiful girl. I'm very sorry for your loss and hope your heart can heal over time. Rest peacefully little one.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Carol & Murphy (GA) likes this.
  15. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

So sorry Miss Meow has crossed the bridge. There will be so many furry friends from here to greet her. It is so hard to let our babies go but releasing them from ongoing pain and discomfort is the greatest gift of love. Miss Meow was able to leave with dignity and love.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

16. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Gabrielle and Dfiance I am so sad to learn the sad news. I'm glad she went peacefully at home. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

17. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

((((Gabrielle))) I'm so sorry to hear about your sweet girl. I too love the story of your sewing basket. My cats are always very interested in my sewing stuff.

I absolutely love that picture of her. She really does look angelic, sitting among the flowers.

Fly free little one . . . land softly.

[​IMG]

You have my deepest sympathy.

18. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss. Fly free Miss Meows, land softly:rb_icon:

19. Kako & Tux

Kako & Tux Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry.... it's painful.
    Miss Meows was very much loved and well taken care.

20. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry...what a beautiful tribute to your beautiful girl.

21. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

My condolences on your loss. So nice she had a chance to suss out the sewing basket.

22. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Your love shines through every line of your tribute to missMeows. I am so very very sorry for your loss. It sounds as if you truly let her fly gently. I hope that with time the spot in your heart that is forever MissMeow's will cover with a heart shaped patch of memories of her that will bring smiles as you kept her near.
    So very sorry for your your loss..my heart is sorry for your hurt.:bighug::bighug:

23. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Requiem aeternum,Miss Meows.
    {{hugs}}

24. sarahtee

sarahtee Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss (((hugs)))
    The sewing basket was a lovely idea - a great memory to hold :)

25. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry . Prayers for your grieving heart. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Getting to play in the forbidden basket was special indeed.
    Fly Free Miss Meows....
    another beautiful star in the sky and more beautiful flowers in the garden.
    [​IMG]

26. Mandarin'sMom

Mandarin'sMom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. ...and what a lovely tribute to a very special girl. :bighug:

27. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

:bighug::bighug::bighug: Sorry it was her time to pass..... thank you for sharing such a beautiful photo of her in the garden what a wonderful memory of Miss Meows:rb_icon:

28. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry it was Miss Meows' time to leave. You have such wonderful memories of her, she will live forever in your heart.

Fly free, beloved Miss Meows, on your new angel wings cat_wings>o

29. Suzi_S

Suzi_S Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

30. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Gabrielle}}}

I have been on the verge of tears all evening, and they just overflowed as I read your beautiful tribute. I am so very sorry for your loss. Miss Meows was indeed a special cat, and she fulfilled her mission on this earth by converting your DF to a cat person, thereby insuring more needy kitties would find a furever home. What a wonderful thing she did!

I am also captivated by your allowing her to explore the forbidden basket - such a special parting gift for her, and a sweet memory for you. You gave her so many wonderful presents from that first day on, but the most precious was the one you gave her yesterday - her freedom. It was the one that cost you most, I know. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Fly free sweet Angel, on your new wings, and land softly.
    :rb_icon:

Critter Mom likes this.
  31. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

(((((Gabrielle)))))
    I am so sorry to hear that your beautiful Miss Meows has gone to the rainbow bridge.:rb_icon:
    May she rest in peace cat_wings>o

32. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

What a moving tribute - I am so sorry she had to leave. What a loving home she had and such a legacy she will leave (especially if your father gets two kitties)
    Sympathies as you grieve this sorrowful loss
    :bighug::bighug:

33. Holly and Fudge

Holly and Fudge Member

So sorry for your loss. What a beautiful ending you had with her ..story made me cry. :'(

34. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

My heart is breaking and tears flowing as I read your beautiful tribute to your lovely girl.

I am so very sorry that it was her time to cross and I am glad that you were able to part at home.

Fly free and land softly little one.:bighug::bighug::bighug:

35. jacereske

jacereske Member

Such a loving and tender tribute. I am so sorry that your precious Miss Meows has journeyed to her tenth life. What a lovely angel she must be.

Loved beyond words, missed beyond measure.

36. Kathy and TiTi

Kathy and TiTi Well-Known Member

37. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear (((Gabrielle))), I am very sorry to hear that your dear girl, Miss Meows, has traveled to the Bridge. She will be "in good paws" there, as all of our GAs will surround her with their love and keep her safe until that wonderful day when you will meet again.
    I, too, love the story of the sewing basket. What a wonderful way to say farewell!

Fly free, dear Miss Meows. You are much loved. cat_wings>o

In deepest sympathy,
    Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

38. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

(((Gabrielle))) I am so very sorry to hear that it was Miss Meows time to go. You obviously loved her tremendously. Wishing you peace. :bighug::bighug::bighug:cat_wings>o

39. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

(((Gabrielle))) I am so very sorry to hear that Miss Meows has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. Sending my deepest condolences to you and your DF at this very sad time. I love the story too of the sewing basket, what a lovely memory you will have.

Fly free sweet Miss Meows and land softly, you will be much missed. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Last edited: Sep 23, 2016
  40. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss of Miss Meows... you gave her such a beautiful crossing to the bridge and were comp,eatery selfless...
    Fly free pretty girl....land softlycat_wings>o

41. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

she was lucky to have such a loving family. Rip

42. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to read this... Hugs to you. Fly free little one, land softly at the bridge.

43. Tara & Ivana (GA)

Tara & Ivana (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry to read about Miss Meows, but what a wonderful idea to 'give' her the sewing basket - I bet she was thrilled :)

44. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

Beautiful life. Beautiful cat. Beautiful love.

May she enjoy a land of endless yarn and baskets until your hearts are reunited again some day.

Fly free Miss Meows :rb_icon:

45. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

RIP Miss Meows:rb_icon: such a beautiful kitty, such a beautiful life, so loved.

46. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

cat_wings>o
    Fly free sweet kitty

47. Vegetable (GA)

Vegetable (GA) Member

So sorry for your loss. Hugs to you & your family :bighug::bighug::bighug:

cat_wings>o

48. Laura and Gremlin (GA)

Laura and Gremlin (GA) Well-Known Member

So very sorry for your loss
    :bighug::bighug::bighug: