Mocha’s First night

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by BalRavens726, May 27, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BalRavens726

BalRavens726 New Member

Got him home after an hour and a half trip and here were my readings (will make a chart later):

580 then he ate a little got an insulin shot 1Unit - it did go up to 590 a few mins after - called the VetTech at the adoption shelter and said he was likely just stressed with all the move. Said if it gets above 650 it’s an immediate vet visit but should go down after he lays down and the insulin kicks in. He has been on 1 unit twice a day for a couple years and has been stable.

Does this sound right to everyone? Obviously I trust the vettech just kinda wanted to hear some input and other people’s first nights!

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Don’t worry about high numbers so close together. Meters can have a margin of error as much as 20%, so at the numbers you are talking, you have quite a range. Those small changes become much more important in lower blood sugar numbers. There is also what we call a food bump, where the carbs in the meal will bump up the numbers a bit. His numbers should come down later.

So hello and welcome and thank you for being home a diabetic kitty. What type of insulin are you giving, and what type of food? Good job on home testing. Can you tell me the type of meter?

jt and trouble (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.