Mom's cat Francis!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Traci and Boomer, Mar 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Well...it's official, Francis is OTJ for 3 weeks. Since you guys helped my Mom and me through this, you should know that it's worked.

I STILL don't have a picture of Francis or I'd post it. Mom doesn't have a computer so I transmitted all the info you all provided her via the phone and the mail. I printed the Lantus stickies and she hand-wrote out all his BG's and I tryped them up into a SS. It didn't take long! Francis was only on Lantus for one month until remission. He was previously on PZI getting crazy BG's - all over the place and even "high". I convinced Mom that she needed to get him on Lantus pronto (because Boomer's had success on Lantus). Then her vet wouldn't do it. So she switched vets and got one who would let her have Lantus but told her to give him two units - "DON'T TEST" - and bring him back in two weeks to be tested by the vet office. (he would have been dead from hypoglycemia by then if it weren't for this board guiding him) The very first time she gave two units he went into an all-day hypo. The board helped us during that too. He quickly went to .5 units all the way down to zero in weeks. It's a miracle. This cat was a mess and now he's great!!! My mom and I want to say thank you to everyone here who helped and supported the lady with no computer and her mystery cat. Next time I see her I'll get a photo, scan it to my computer and post it so you can see Francis.

(cross posted from Lantus)

2. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

This is great news !!!

I hope she communicates this to both the 'old' an 'new' vets.

Also...vigilance, in case Francis needs the juice again.

So glad that the FDMB could help Francis !

3. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, that is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO awesome!!!! I can only imagine how frustrating it must have been for you long distance, and I know your mom is a hypo toolkit expert :D as well as working non-stop, so wow, she must be relieved not to have to deal with this anymore! Send her congrats from all of us here!!!!

party_cat

4. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Way to go Francis, Traci and Francis's mom, and Traci!!!!!!

5. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

You guys most defiitely rock, and I hope both of those vets acknowledge it!

6. Traci and Boomer

Traci and Boomer Well-Known Member

Thanks everyone. Mom is going to go back to the nice vet who wouldn't let her use Lantus (due to her own lack of knowledge and experience with it) as opposed to the mean vet who gave her Lantus but forced Mom into buying an AlphaTrack and strips (when she already had a meter) and all the prescription food. Mom is in further debt from this lady. She's still working with the vet and the Alpha Track people to return the meter and strips.

At least the vet who didn't know about Lantus is nice and seems to care. Mom will tell her about the Lantus experience and maybe she'll be able to sway the vet. I hope so!

Her two civvies need a shot with a long abbreviated name FVLP-something. So she'll be going back to get Lili and Junior thier shots.

7. gingerand((calliope))(GA)

gingerand((calliope))(GA) Member

This is fabulous!!! Y'all did a good job with no computer and problem vets!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.