? **Mon 2/20/17 Need advice-Is Ollie safe for the night?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Peggy & Oliver, Feb 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peggy & Oliver

Peggy & Oliver Member

Ollie was 248 at amps ; 167 at +6 and is 113 at +11

Do I feed a little now to see if it goes up by pmps time?

Thank you!

Peggy & Oliver ^~^

2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

No don't feed now, you don't want ps to be influenced by food.

3. Peggy & Oliver

Peggy & Oliver Member

ok, thanks. Just put a call in to vet to see what he says. Waiting. He did get a small treat (freeze dried chicken) after his test.

4. Gill & George

Peggy it's late for me I'll be heading to bed shortly, you may want to test 10 or 15 minutes early for Pmps, to give you time to post and ask for guidance if he is still low.
    Change your title when you get it writing help low ps or something like that.

In the meantime have a read of the slgs guidelines on what to do if lower than usual ps.
    Good luck tonight.
    Freeze dried treats is fine, he's clearing the bounce that's why he's dropped.

5. Peggy & Oliver

Peggy & Oliver Member

Thank you so very much. Have a great night. It may be a long one for me this time. Hope the vet knows about bounces!

6. Peggy & Oliver

Peggy & Oliver Member

VET SAYS TO SHOOT 2 UNITS - EVEN AT 113. I WILL TEST AGAIN IN 10-15 MINUTES.

7. Gill & George

Peggy are you able to monitor him tonight? Do you have enough supplies? Strips HC food etc?

Have you read through the the slgs sticky, towards the end it offers some good advice on how to proceed.

If he is low at pmps, and you don't feel comfy shooting, don't feed and stall, ask for help, don't be afraid to shout for help by editing your subject line.

8. Peggy & Oliver

Peggy & Oliver Member

• Yes, of course I will monitor him tonight. Have plenty of strips and lancets, hc gravy food and Karo syrup. The vet was very clear about shooting 2 units, so I did that a few minutes ago. He went up to 120 for his ps number and ate very well. I am hoping this will start to get him over the hump to getting his glucose more normal. It is around 6:15 pm here so I have hours ahead before bedtime. I will come back for help if I see him dropping. Just figured out how to change the Subject so I will do that. Thank you, Gill!! Planning to test pretty often tonight.
    At +5 Ollie is at 176. Fed him and set his Cat Mate to open in about an hour. Safe for me to go to sleep soon or should I be checking him some more before I do? Shot a lower number than usual per vet's advice. Thank you to anyone that has time to have a look.

Last edited: Feb 20, 2017
    Reason for edit: update
  9. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Hi Peggy.

I'm sorry no one responded to your question tonight. Let me explain why that happened: When you change your subject line, it does not bump your thread up to the top of the list. The same is true when you edit a previous post. The next time you need help, please do this: Change your subject line, just like you did, and then go to the last post on your thread and hit "Reply". Type in your situation and hit "Post Reply". That will bump you up to the top of the list and get eyes on your condo.

The good news is that the answer would have probably been "yes, it's safe to go to bed." Hopefully, next time you will actually get the help you need.

10. Peggy & Oliver

Peggy & Oliver Member

Good morning and thank you, Tricia. I was looking all over to find out how to get the message to the top. I appreciate this good tip! Did get to bed eventually, altho it doesn't feel like it ;) and all is well. Every day is a new adventure so here we go again. Ollie had a happy night on those numbers, ran and played more than I've seen in a while. Thanks again.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.