Mon 22-Jan: Tyler &M: AMPs=236: +2=131 :+3.15=77 +3.5=72 +3.75=83 : +5=103: +9=164:PMPS=230: +2=214

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PussCatPrince - GA, Jan 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Sunday's condo

Tyler still has diarrhea so a plain poached chicken type diet for him today as he cannot fast .

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

Do you happen to have any probiotics in the house? A probiotic that is high in s. boulardii will help diarrhea. My civvie has just gone through something very similar -- not wanting to eat except with a lot of coaxing (and freeze dried chicken) and lots of diarrhea. The vet prescribed Cerenia which has helped, too.

Please get a test at +3 or before.That's a big drop at +2.

3. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

There you are! :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    downloadfile-3.png
    Anti diarrhea vines for Ty . Hugs for M.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  4. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Fortiflora is great if you have any.

5. PussCatPrince - GA

Hi and thanks.
    Yes I did do a few times over the hour as Ty does seem to prefer to abseil rather than take the zigzag. Thankfully there is nowt wrong with Ty's appetite at the moment. He'd eat the husband's sweaty sport sock if he could.

No real pro-biotic in the house except for some plain yoghurt . He's been having pumpkin and the slippery elm bark to no avail.

Nopes. Not only do I not have any @Juliet . There is none to be had in New Zealand. I actually phoned NZ Purina and it isn't stocked or sold anywhere here.

Some days it is hard not to feel totally and utterly fed up. Everything but everything is so very hard & expensive to get hold of.

I really wanted the diarrhea under control before he went to the vet. We'll have a hard enough job re change of diet, pain meds ( not holding out much hope for some of the stuff people can get hold of where they are. It'll be metacam or nupetin) and the confession to home testing and insulin dose adjustments without taking in a cat who has a rear end problemo.

6. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Careful with what the vet may give you for the diarrhea. That’s what got Silver out of remission. Vet firstly gave antibiotics then steroids for it. Bad move.

Can you get things online from amazon? I know they have fortiflora if they’d ship to you. Good thing to have in the cupboard.

7. Juliet

Juliet Guest

Ps wish my Monday was almost over!

8. Myagi (GA) and Heidi

Myagi (GA) and Heidi Well-Known Member

Ty's appy back is great! :joyful:

You're diplomatic enough to handle even the saltiest of vets, M. And... Ty's diarrhea should be active at doc appt. Kinda like cleaning the house before the maid comes! We'll be praying the vetty visit goes well and they are accommodating and cooperative toward the mutually desirable goal of Ty's well being! :bighug::bighug:

9. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

You should be able to find human probiotic capsules somewhere there, yes? You don't need fortiflora, the human ones works fine (probably better). I sure hope it clears up soon, bummer if not in time for your vet visit. Sending firming up vines Ty's way! ;):bighug:

10. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

Years ago with my old drooler, I used plain, canned pumpkin (no spices, just 100% pure), oddly enough, it can help with either constipation, or diarrhea. Also had something from the vet called Florentero, but it's a tablet, so that may not work so well, even if it is available in NZ. I sure hope the tummy issues settle. Boiled chicken should be bland enough to help calm things.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  11. PussCatPrince - GA

Ty never lost his appetitie Heidi. He has remained a voracious scoffer if I let him.

I'm on the case @Stacy & Asia . May have located a health shop which 'may' have it according to them, down in the city. I had to spell the word for them. *giggles*
    Please do not think of this as a city as you may know it. t isn't even the size of a small town but as it has a cathedral it is called a city.

I know what you are saying @Myagi and Heidi . However if we present to the vet with Ty having diarrhea it is my belief the pointy finger & heavy sighs will come right on out to blame the Iams wet food change of diet and then insist that his diet is changed back to renal dry or on my head be it. Having said that if I cannot clear this up for him shortly, then Ty will be going to the vet for this but as @Juliet notes, this could lead to a heavy intervention than is really needed.

We cannot even decide yet which vet at the practice to target for the best. Remember the last one said grain free diets were a 'fad', as is 'raw'.
    This vet practice is IT. It is the teaching hospital for the entire upper South Island. It has equipment not available anywhere else . It has a license to use the scanners and ultrasound at a radiography centre for people. It did Ty's dental when no other practice would.

Honestly. It comes to something when all you want is a cat log. :smuggrin:

12. Juliet

Juliet Guest

You CAN say no to the vet. After antibiotics then a second set of antibiotics then steroids I asked vet what was going on and he asked ME why Silver was on steroids that HE prescribed. I lost my rag with him. He told me to return meds for a refund. So makes me wonder why he prescribed in the first place. Diarrhea cleared up in a couple days after I put a half teaspoon of Metamucil in his food. But Silver lost his remission :banghead:

13. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

@Juliet - The composition of FortiFlora was recently changed. Many kitties are having problems with it.

A human probiotic that is almost exclusively s. boulardii should help with diarrhea. A health food store may carry it or it should be available online. The vets here take a couple of approaches if they prescribe. One trend is to use Cerenia (maropitant) which has anti-inflammatory properties and can calm the gut. The other drug that's prescribed is metronidazole. They should be widely available -- especially the metronidazole since it's human medication.

As for your vet, you could always mention you've been reading some of Jacqui Rand's publications. She is one of the leading researchers on feline diabetes and is at the University of Queensland. She authored the tight regulation protocol.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  14. PussCatPrince - GA

Success ! Just got back. They had a box of Travel Bug which is solely s.boulardii. One keeps this in the fridge. It does contain lactose but really it was a choice of one.
    Ty missed one of his feeds as I was out so I have just given him some poached chicken with a mere smear of iams grain free which has 1/2 capsule of the boulardii.

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  15. PussCatPrince - GA

Tiz now 11pm Monday so night-nights. Need to catch up on the lost pro-biotic hours from today on the morrow.

Myagi (GA) and Heidi likes this.
  16. Juliet

Juliet Guest

I mentioned FF because Silver did so well on it and many people on here recommend it. ECID.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.