Moving are way along

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by RobinHarley, Nov 9, 2018.

1. RobinHarley

RobinHarley Member

We sent our spread sheet to the vet again, like he asked, to discuss an increase and of how much. Hopefully we will hear back by Monday.

Things have been going well. Figured out our comfortable way of giving shots now and no more fur ones now. Fully on canned now, a mixture of friskies and the rest of his canned d/m since we have it.

Yesterday though we had a bump, I had to go into town (I live an hour out of the nearest major town). Didn't make it back in time for all the cats lunches. Came home and Harley helped himself into my renal kitties kibble. Saw that with a 440 BG, ha.

Wrote out some helpful information to post on the fridge for the family members in the house hold. What a hypo is, looks like, needs to be treated, feeding schedules, etc., Taught family member how to give shot and test. What is lovely is the family member is a T1D for 43 years now so it was second nature.

But glad we have things moving a long and looking forward to working on bringing the numbers down now since we are all comfortable in this.

Joanne&TinySole and Idjit's mom like this.
  2. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are making progress and getting a handle on this, congrats!!

Joanne&TinySole likes this.
  3. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Great news!!

Joanne&TinySole likes this.
  4. RobinHarley

RobinHarley Member

He's been such a turd tonight. I was home all day and I didn't see him get into anything again, but he must have.. PMPS was 442. The only thing we have down all the time is my grandmothers little dogs food, he's never gotten into. So I may have to ask her to keep it up during the day / get them on a feeding schedule if she is ok with it.

I do plan to start testing more frequently again though, but I really doubt it is any bouncing yet. We haven't even gotten into the 200s yet.

But because of that he was an extra special turd today. Thinking he was starving ALL day long... doing anything for food. I have some nice nasty scratches from eating my own dinner because I kept putting him on the floor and he finally jumped up and was hanging from my arms trying to pull my arms down (thinking i'd be holding my food still).

Sue and Luci and Joanne&TinySole like this.