Moxie is too sweet (literally). Dosing help!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Hizzoze, Jul 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hizzoze

Hizzoze Member

This might be a dumb question, but do you always adjust the dose of insulin based on their BG levels or use the same dose for a bit to see if that dose works? I just took Moxies level at 8:10p and it was at 364. This was literally as she was eating her can of food. At 430 today, it was 238. And at 248 this morning. I gave her 3 units after she ate her breakfast. Should I keep up w just the 3, or go higher? I am literally in tears BC this is just confusing and scary. She goes to the vet this week for a curve and I'm nervous he will think I'm crazy for doing this on my own and changing her dose! Especially since her levels aren't good. Then Friday night we drop her off at another vets for an entire week, while we go on vacation. I'm so scared something will happen to her while we aren't home! I know a lot of ppl will say, it's just a cat. But she has been my sidekick for years. She cooler than my kids sometimes!

2. Lisa and Smoky

Lisa and Smoky Well-Known Member

You could also try posting this on the prozinc forum to get more eyes on your thread. I'll see if @Kris & Teasel has any thoughts as her kitty Teasel was on prozinc for a while.

Hizzoze likes this.
  3. Lisa and Smoky

Lisa and Smoky Well-Known Member

@Yong and @Djamila have also helped me out in the past. There are a lot of great folks on here whose names escape me right now.:)

Yong & Maury GA and Hizzoze like this.
  4. Myrtlesmum

Myrtlesmum Member

Hi, I fairly newish here too and I can't give really give dosing advice but I just wanted to reassure you that no-one on this board will say "it's just a cat". We all love our kitty's to bits and understand how stressful and scary it is trying to get your cat regulated. I'd say though that levels of 238 - 248 aren't that bad and maybe she doesn't need 3 units? but I'm sure people more knowledgable than me will respond to you shortly. Hang in there!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.