? Multiple cats feeding question

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by SpotsMom, Nov 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SpotsMom

SpotsMom Member

Spot is underweight so I’ve always tried to feed him as much as he will eat. With chronic pancreatitis it’s not always a guarantee that he’s going to want to eat, so I feed him as much as possible in between. Usually around 12oz of FF per day. He still didn’t put on weight at that but I was hoping raw would satisfy him a little more. I started them on raw at the high end of recommended (4% of ideal body weight per day)... but now he’s starving all the time and follows me around begging for food.

Feeding him as much as he wanted was easy when his overweight civvie sister wasn’t super enthusiastic about the FF (being a former kibble addict she never fully took to the FF - ate enough just not enthusiastically). Now I’ve switched them both over to Food Fur Life raw chicken and they both go crazy for it to the point where civvie (now lovingly nicknamed Snarf), will nose Spot out of the way to finish his off if I’m not watching them.

I can’t feed Snarf as much as she wants because she’s already getting more chubby in the tummy. Anyone else have a snarfy kitty that they can’t keep away from the other’s food? How do you deal with that?? This problem is completely new for me but I hate the idea of locking either one of them away while I’m gone at work just so Spot can eat.... what do you think?

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

You could try the microchip feeders that only open for the designated pet: https://www.surepetcare.com/en-us/pet-feeder/microchip-pet-feeder

I tried these with my girls, but they just did not adjust to them, so I had to return them. I wanted them to work SO bad, because they are really cool. If you decide to try them, I suggest ordering from Chewy.com because they have a much longer return period.

SpotsMom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.