Murphy Day 9

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by msmurphy2010, Sep 2, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msmurphy2010

msmurphy2010 Member

Murphy appears to be doing better. Funny, the insulin really has calmed her down - she was so ravenous before, and couldn't stop screaming for food, all the time, she wanted my food, Oscie's food, anything she could get her paws on. Now, she isn't meowing like that, it's so weird, but my vet said "now she's acting like a normal cat." One question I have - what is the rubbing their paws on the couch thing about? I thought it might have something to do with her neuropathy in her paws. And, does the urine start getting thinner once they're on insulin? Before it was almost syrupy. I don't hear that thick urine anymore. So far, so good. We haven't started testing yet - her f/u is Saturday at 9:00 to fine tune if needed. if not, then we can start testing.

2. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

When there is not enough insulin, the energy from the food is lost in the pee (making it sugary which slowly damages the kidneys).

So the kitty (or human) is literally starving to death while eating ravenously.

So yes - insulin will make the appetite calm down and reduce the drinking and peeing to a normal amount.

Not sure about the paws -- my diabetic kitties have not had any neuropathy problems.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.