Murphy Update - Almost 8 Months OTJ

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by missmurphy2010, Oct 9, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. missmurphy2010

missmurphy2010 Member

Hi all. Just wanted to write to say hello to all of you and to report that Murphy is approaching 8 months OTJ and no insulin! I have decreased her Flovent to a point where she is breathing fine and hasn't had any attacks. I am still feeding her as if she were a diabetic though.

As for me, well, after two surgeries and being off work all summer -- guess what you guys! I started a new job and my very first day, I slipped and fell off a step when I was going to lunch, and fractured both of my ankles! Do you believe this! I'm in a skilled facility -- am weight bearing on my right foot only -- had plates and screws put into the left ankle. I can't think of any pain I've had like this.

Most importantly, Murphy is doing well. While I'm here until mid-November, my vet's best friend is watching my kitties twice per day and occasionally can spend the night if she has time between her other petsitting jobs. It is a struggle thinking about them and being away from them for so long. I know they are angry at me, and I miss them so, so much. I can't leave here until I'm able to bear weight on my left foot though.

3 cheers for Murphy! lisa

2. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

OMG, Lisa.......I'm so happy to hear about Murphy but you! both ankles!....sending many prayers for a successful and quick healing and that you will soon be able to be home with your babies. So glad to know you have someone to take care of them and thank God Murphy is off insulin right now too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.