Murray is gone

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by MurraysMama, Aug 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MurraysMama

MurraysMama New Member

He had been slowly going downhill for the last couple of months, but wasn't showing any really dynamic signs of such, other than weight loss. Finally he stopped eating, and defecating, and the blood test said his muscles were deteriorating. I refuse to allow any of my 4-legged charges to reach the point of loss of dignity.

His last day was truly wonderful ... he did feel very good, and got to eat his favorites of baked salmon and roasted chicken. He even socked the tar out of the dogs, wanting to make sure they would behave. His feline companions, Mac and Aticus, lounged in the background, demanding very little of the humans, and giving occasional headbutts to Murray.

Sandra (Barney (GA)) told me that Murray had been trying to tell me for quite sometime that it was time for him to leave ... the big method being making me chase him through the house before testing him. I thought he was just trying to make sure I got enough exercise.

I would be 9 years ago next November 30th that we got the diagnosis of the "dire beasties", and I have never regretted one second of the time, money, and emotional turmoil of caring for my Ol' Ahrange Thang.

Mommy and Daddy really love you, and always will, Bubba ... I'll miss you forever. 'Til we meet again.

Laura Velez and Murray (GA)

2. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss ...

3. dian and wheezer

dian and wheezer Well-Known Member

my deepest sympathies. thank you for the final gift of love

4. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

((((Laura)))) What an amazing cat Murray was, and what an amazing Mommabean you are. May you always feel the special bond you had. Fly free, sweet Murray. wings_cat

5. Jen & Squeak

Jen & Squeak Well-Known Member

Laura

I saw your post and my heart sank...I will always remember you both and I am so sorry that his time came to leave :(

Hugs

Jen

6. Hope + (((Baby)))GA

Hope + (((Baby)))GA Well-Known Member

Aww, Laura........God bless him. You have my deepest sympathy on the loss of your beloved boy. So many years of caregiving.......understand the void and letting him go while he still had dignity. I will never forget the "gas mask" story and all the laughs we had over it. He was so dearly loved and will be so deeply missed and my heart goes out to you. wings_cat

7. vansplic

vansplic Member

I am so sorry for your loss. I also greatly respect your ability to make the selfless decision to allow him to retain his honor.

8. Jill and Remi

Jill and Remi Member

((Laura)) I am so sorry for your loss. Murray sounds like he was so special, even in his final days. Fly free sweet Murray, you will be missed!

9. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

OH NO, Not Ol' Ahrange Thang, not Murray!!! Many tears... :cry: (((((((((((((((((((((LAURA))))))))))))))))))))))))))

One of the truly special board cats, and a gorgeous orinch boy.. I know that he is flying free now, over the Rainbow Bridge, whole and health. I am glad he had a good last day. rb_icon

wings_cat

10. Carol-Charlie

Carol-Charlie Well-Known Member

A Great and Wonderful Cat has arrived at Rainbow Bridge. A croud of loving contemporaries was their to celebrate his arrival... The throngs of onlookers praised his great cat self.... Meanwhile on earth, heads were bowed, and tears flowed freely for all of us who loved this very very special boy...

Rest in peace in fields, run in the sun and wait by the bridge..... We will all be reunited in Heaven.

11. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss.

What a wonderful gift you gave him...the gift of life for so many years and an easy death.

May all your wonderful memories of Murry bring you comfort...

...'til you meet again.

12. Mary & Stormy Blue

Mary & Stormy Blue Member

~M

13. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. May your may memories give you peace.

Pattie

14. Patricia and Gang

Patricia and Gang Member

(((Laura))) I'm so sorry to hear about Murray. I know your heart is breaking. He will be missed and remembered by many. If I can do anything for you, please let me know.

Patricia (GAs Fluffy, Mr QT, Murphy, Jonathan, Flannel, Speedy, Angel, Rusty, Bobby, Ash & Moseley) Cory, Zak, Suzy, Corky, Oreo, Rufus & Kobe

15. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

Another board "Great" passes. Many tears. I remember the funny gas mask story. Fly free Murray land softly.
    jeanne

16. Charlotte and Indy (GA)

Charlotte and Indy (GA) Member

Murray was an original when it came to catitude! I'm praying for your peace, Laura. Murray's off to knock some sense into the pups at The Bridge.

17. JL and Chip

JL and Chip Well-Known Member

I'm so very, very sorry. My thoughts are with you.

18. Gia and Quirk

Gia and Quirk Member

Murray had a great run, Laura, the best life any cat could want. OAT lives on in the hearts of most of us, and so do you. Please take care of yourself and be sure to let us step in with support if things get rough.

Gia & Quirk (GA)

19. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

Oh, no ((Laura)) - Another of our "oldtimers" has gone to join the ones who left before. One by one they leave us - each with their own stories - many such as Murray leaving us with a smile on our faces. So many memories - so much love - so many smiles - so many tears. His reluctant imprisonment in 2004 with Mittsi and Giz trying to "commando" his release along with the rest of the "Free Murray SWAT Team." So many wonderful memories.

And what love you showed him by not letting him lose his dignity but by allowing him to leave WITH dignity and with love. That's the true final gift of love - the most difficult one - and my heart goes out to you in your sadness at having to make the decision.

These precious little beings have given us on the board so much joy and memories - we all share the sadness when one leaves us. Nine years is such a long time for you to nurture him and see him through the ups and downs in the sugar dance - you gave him such an extension to his life and he in return loved you so much.

The Bridge is a happier place today - the Board is a sadder place - and Murray is once again whole and free and feeling no pain - showing off his newly-obtained wings.

I'm sending you many comforting prayers and I can tell from your post that you are remembering and being thankful for all those wonderful memories that hopefully will see you through the sad times ahead.

Goodbye "Ol Ahrange Thang", you beautiful boy - we'll be missing you and always remembering you.

Sending many hugs,

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

20. KarenRamboConan

KarenRamboConan Senior Member Moderator

The world of dire beasties without Ol' Ahrange Thang? It just doesn't seem possible... Rainbow Bridge is throwing a huge party tonight to welcome one of the Greats, with my own orinch sugar GA leading the parade.

Thank you for setting him free with dignity. You fulfilled the promise you made to him when you became his mom, and you took the pain on yourself. A candle has been lit to show Murray the way.

I am so, so sorry.... Our thoughts, sympathy and tears are with you tonight.

((((Laura))))

21. Susie and Moochie

Susie and Moochie Member

I'm so sorry, (((Laura)))! There is just never enough time ever with them. And it's so hard to let them go but bless you for giving Murray his freedom.

Nine years with DM is a true inspiration for us all. I thank you and Murray for that as I share your sadness.

Run free, Murray! You have oh so much more than earned it!

22. karen and splash (ga)

karen and splash (ga) Member

Fly Free Murray!!! And thank you for the stories, the memories and everything you did for the past nine years to help pay it forward for the rest of us.

Enjoy the welcoming party at the bridge, there will surely be a parade of orinches there to show you around.

23. Steph & Cuddles (GA)

Steph & Cuddles (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so very sorry it was his time. :sad: (((Laura)))

24. Cindy and Tritone

Cindy and Tritone Member

Oh, I am so sorry! I remember Murray from when we first joined the board in 2005...he (and you) was a beacon for a couple of scared newbies (Tritone and me). You are free now, beautiful Murray.

25. Dana & Thomas

Dana & Thomas Member

Fly Free Sweet Murray!
    Dana

26. Michele and Esse

Michele and Esse Well-Known Member

Lots of hugs and love and prayers your way. Thank you for giving him his final dignity...know he's hanging at the bridge, holding court as only Murray could do.

Best-
    Michele

27. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

sorry for your loss, laura. fly free, murray

28. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

Laura I wish I would have known Murray better. He sounds like such a great cat. 9 years with the dire beasties bonds you like nothing eles and I know that letting him go with his orinch dignity it tact was a blessing for him. For you a selfless act of love.
    Run Free Murray, Run Free!

29. cat and sweet max

cat and sweet max Member

I am very sorry for your loss. Will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Hugs,

Cat, Sweet Max, and gang

30. Pam and Layla

Pam and Layla Member

(((Laura)))

Murray was one special cat, and will be remembered by many.

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Pam & Layla

31. Becky and AJ (GA)

Becky and AJ (GA) Member

Sorry to hear Murray has gone ahead. He was a special boy. :cry:

32. Janet & Binky (GA)

Janet & Binky (GA) Senior Member Staff Member Moderator

(((Laura)))

I am so sorry for your loss. Murray was an inspiration to us all. He was so lucky to have you to be his friend and guardian.

Many hugs,

Janet

33. Gina & Yittle (GA)

Gina & Yittle (GA) Member

I'm so very sorry for your loss.

34. BobsMom

BobsMom Member

wings_cat

35. Trish & Harley (GA)

Trish & Harley (GA) Member

I am so very sorry

36. Sandra&Barney(GA)

Sandra&Barney(GA) Member

Murray and Barney(GA's) have finally met

The rejoicing at the Rainbow Bridge has been so meowful.So many of the FDMB kitties have welcomed that old Ahrange cat from Texas, Murray Chrismas.They know he is from Texas and has so many BIG stories to share about his mom and dad beans who he took care of so lovingly over the years.He spent so much time whooping them into his idea of parents.All parents let you eat Frito's out of the bag hidden on top of the frig, at least good ones do.And then there is that thing about every cat should be allowed to help fold the laundry by laying in it to say what's next to fold, right.You get the idea?

And now it was time to move on to where the pain ceases, the shots end, the air is clean and free, it is sunny and there are flowers, clouds, and butterflies to chase.Murray is free at last to be the young frisky healthy cat once more.

And Barney(GA) has found his brother from Texas and headbutted him, put a paw around him and is telling Murray about listening in to all those phone conversations his bean and Murray's bean had for oh so many years.And the emails Murray . . .the emails about the FDMB and that dire beaties disease.We did it Murray.We did it Barney.Now the beans have done their job too.

The cat sized hole in your heart heals oh so slowly.
    ((Hugs and tears across the miles))
    I love you Laura.Job well done. :RAHCAT
    Sandra & Barney(GA)

37. tuckers mom

tuckers mom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss. Fly free sweet (((Murray)))

38. Karen & dB (GA)

Karen & dB (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh no. I'm so sorry. Murray will live on in the hearts of those who knew and loved him. And we all loved him. Holding you in my gentlest thoughts and prayers. May you always feel him nearby.

Tears,
    Karen, dB in spirit, Bindi, and Dorje

39. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry.

40. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Laura )))

I'm so very sorry, Laura. I didn't have the privilege to know Murray, but it seems like he had a special relationship with your entire clan. It's so hard to say goodbye to one of the family.

Fly free, special boy.

41. Renee and Buzzy(GA)

Renee and Buzzy(GA) New Member

Oh, Laura, this hurts as if Ol' Ahrange Thang was mine. I join you in your tears and grief and know the big hole that has been left in your heart. OAT was much loved and will be sorely missed.

Buzzy (GA) will be joining all the others in greeting his orange buddy Murray at the Bridge.

Hugs,

Renee & Buzzy (GA)

P.S. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you.

42. Yolanda and Goo (GA)

Yolanda and Goo (GA) Member

(((((Laura))))

I am so, so sorry. Murray was truly one of the Great Ones. You were both such and inspiration, and a help, to me when Goo and I came to FDMB. I know my girl was there in the Honour Guard to meet your dear boy.

Much love
    Yolly and Goo (GA)

43. Cheryl and Winnie

Cheryl and Winnie Well-Known Member

laura, so sorry murray had to leave you.

Peace Murray rb_icon

44. Lisa and Do Lou (GA)

Lisa and Do Lou (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss rb_icon wings_cat

Fly free Murray

45. housecats4

housecats4 Well-Known Member

Laura I never got to hear any of those special stories but by the sounds of it what a wonderful life you gave each other..."I have send you on a journey to a land free of pain not because I did not love you but because I loved you too much to force you to stay" Bless you..

Big party going on for your Murray at Rainbow Bridge . wings_cat rb_icon He is loved and he was loved he knows this for sure... So very sorry for your loss..Sending Angels and green healing light to you to help your broken heart.....Kath

46. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Peggy and Mickey (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for your loss ((hugs))

47. Angela & Blackie & 3 Others

Angela & Blackie & 3 Others Well-Known Member

Please accept my condolences, and know that you and your family are in my thougths and prayers. (((((HUGS)))))

48. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Laura and so sad to see this post. Murray was one of the good guys as was his mama who helped me so much in the early days when I switched to BCP. Please fly pain free sweet Murray, you fought the good fight little man. (((Laura)))

49. Frip&Grip

Frip&Grip Member

Laura, I am so sorry for your loss…. I’m new here… I didn’t get to read all the stories… but you gave him 9 more years… that’s amazing… and an inspiration for many of us…

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.