My Cat's Irregular Sugar Levels, etc.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Mary A Gallaher, Oct 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mary A Gallaher

Mary A Gallaher New Member

Dear BJM and Everyone:

I have a cat that's had diabetes for over a year going on two years. The vet put him on MD food and Lantus insulin. After a few months I had to change vet's because of his hours and my working. The next vet put him on WD food. Then I heard about "No Grains" and put him on no grain foods. He was really a lot lower and more consistent in his glucose levels. The second vet got nasty with me due to using the no grains food. The 3rd vet wanted him on DM food and so he's been on that diet, however, I slip in No Grains every so often. He glucose levels were far more even on no grains and on the DM his glucose levels are not stable and he doesn't eat as much as he was eating on the no grain, although he appears to like the DM food.

This morning his glucose level was 83. When these levels are low and they have been low off and on throughout the week, I don't know whether to give him an insulin shot or wait till after his evening meal. This morning I didn't give him the shot because I was afraid his levels would really drop down. What should I do when this happens? Please let me know. Thank you. Mary Gallaher

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.