My girl was diagnosed yesterday. First shot today.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Kylee and Her Mom Renee', Sep 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kylee and Her Mom Renee'

Kylee and Her Mom Renee' Member

Hi my name is Renee' My sweet 8 year old's kitty's name is Kylee aka gato. She was diagnoses yesterday. Her glucose was 500. She also has a UTI. Started the antibiotics yesterday and went back today for the doctor to show me how to administer the shot. Pretty simple, but I am still nervous. I am such a nervous nellie anyway. Today I am pretty calm. I know I have to do this to help her feel better and live a healthier life.
    I have not read all the links posts. But I appreciate all you help and support. Bless you all.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome Reneé and Kylee! I think we were all nervous at first, It will get easier. Come ask any questions you have in the Main Health Forum and we will be glad to help you any way we can. Hope to see you there.

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to FDMB! It is a great deal of information, and I know I had to read more than once as I learned how to help my kitty. Do the first things first, home testing, insulin treatment, diet. You mention a UTI and I'm glad you are treating Kylee for that. You have taken the first few steps on a new adventure, just keep going one step at a time and things will get a bit easier and familiar.

5. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

6. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum, I was a very nervous nelly at first & didn’t know how I could possibly test & give injections. Now I can do it half asleep & it’s really routine. The next important thing is to learn how to test at home; that too becomes easy before you know it! Several members here have videos to help, and those really helped me. Just ask & I’m sure someone will direct you to those. I’m glad you are here to help Kyle & do not hesitate to ask question!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.