My Harley

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Rob & Harley (GA), Jan 14, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

My boy is gone. My heart is broken.

He was born into my hands almost 16 years ago and left in my arms today with me stroking his head and whispering in his ear, I could feel all of your arms around us. It was a very peaceful and calm passing, thank your all for sending your prayers and strength to us both.

We had a good and happy life, we danced a good dance.

From the bottom of my heart I thank you all for being here because you are the only ones who understand.

Peace,
    Robin

I shall walk in the sun above,
    Whose golden light you loved.
    I shall sleep alone and, stirring, touch an empty place.
    I shall write uninterrupted.
    Would that your gentle paw could stir my moving
    pen just once again.
    I shall see beauty, but non to match
    your living grace.
    I shall hear music, but none so sweet as the
    droning song with which you loved me.
    I shall fill my day, but I shall not, can not, forget.
    Sleep soft dear friend, for while I live
    You shall not die.

By Michael Joseph​

2. Teresa and Poopy

Teresa and Poopy Well-Known Member

I am shedding tears for your loss of Harley (and I'm not a person who cries).

You both have touched Poopy's and my life and for that I am very grateful.

Fly free, Harley. Fly free.

o:)

3. Dear Robin,

We all know what you are feeling, but at the same time, none of us really do. I know what I felt, and I know the bond that I shared with my departed friends. But every relationship between a kitty and a bean is unique. All I can offer is my prayers for your peace. Peace in your heart. I wish I, or any of us could make the pain and loss go away, or take it from you. Take heart in knowing that if not for you, Harley would have had a much shorter time here, and none of the love that you gave him for 16 years.
    Fly free sweet Harley. Send mom some peace.

Love,
    Carl

4. dmartini4

dmartini4 Well-Known Member

Robin,
    AS my tears roll down my face, my heart is breaking for you.
    You give so much of yourself, for us here,
    but mostly for dear Harley.
    I am praying for both of you,
    Fly free dear Harley... wings_cat

:YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG: :YMHUG:

We are all here for you

5. nancy and payne

nancy and payne Well-Known Member

Robin .... I stopped by a church by the water and lit a candle for Harley, lighting his way to the bridge where so many will be waiting. The bonds we forge with out sugar babies .... hard to talk about but so special in every way. My prayers are with you Robin, you are a great Mama Bean! feel our arms around you at this time.
    Nancy and Payne

6. bookw0rm

bookw0rm Well-Known Member

:YMHUG:

7. Michele and Peeps

Michele and Peeps Member

It was good talking to you today Robin -

I just want to say again that Harley is a part of so many lives. I am so sorry he is gone... Without him we wouldn't be friends and for that, I am thankful for Harley. o:)

8. Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA

Sheila & Beau GA & Jeddie GA Well-Known Member

(((Robin))) I am so, so sorry. Fly free dearest Harley rb_icon

What a lovely tribute to him. He was so lucky to have been your kitty and you were so lucky to have known that love and hold him from the very beginning to the very end. You will hold him in your heart now.

I know you are hurting. And there is nothing we can say that will take that pain away. Just know that we care and are wishing we could be there to give a hug.

(((Robin)))

9. pamela and tigger

pamela and tigger Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to read this Robin. My heart goes out to you for the loss of your dear Harley. Sixteen years together is a long time, but somehow it is still not long enough. Fly pain free Harley and know how much your mama loved you. (((Robin)))

10. kse

kse Well-Known Member

Robin, with tears rolling down my face, I am searching for the perfect words to comfort you--but, there are no perfect words. You have shown all of us the proper dance steps and led so many of us in our dances. And, once again, you have shown us how to handle the final dance with such dignity and unselfishness. You are an example to all of us. My heart breaks for you-- I only wish I had more to offer than my thoughts and prayers.

Fly Free Sweet Harley.......

Much love and many tears,
    Kim and Kitty

11. Ginny & Alex

Ginny & Alex Well-Known Member

Robin,
    So sorry to hear about Harley. He was one very fortunate cat to have you as his mama.
    Peace to you in the coming days as you adjust without him.

:YMHUG:

12. Lisa & Jax

Lisa & Jax Member

Robin, so sorry to read this post...

Fly free Harley.

rb_icon

13. donnahc

donnahc Well-Known Member

Robin I am so sorry. Tears roll down my face as I try to type. 16 good years is wonderful. It’s never enough though, we love our furry children so much. May your memories of him, all the cool and funny kitty things he did, bring peace to you in some way. We wish you peace and healing.
    ((((((Robin)))))))

wings_cat

14. Marcy & Klinger (GA)

Marcy & Klinger (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Robin))))
    Harley had a long and beautiful life with you. Wishing you peace and comfort.
    Fly free sweet Harley and land ever so gently. wings_cat
    Tears and hugs,
    Marcy

15. Laura and Harley (GA)

Laura and Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Robin))))

I add my tears to everyone else's as I try to write. I don't know the right words to say - as if there are "right" words for a time like this that will work some special magic and make the pain go away and somehow bring our beloved friend back to us.

Your love for Harley was evident in everything you did, every move you made, every step you took with him. He knew you were his mamabean and you loved him with all your heart.

Harley - Fly Free Big Orinch Guy wings_cat and land softly rb_icon

16. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Rob. I know you will miss Harley forever.

17. Angela&Henry

Angela&Henry Well-Known Member

Dear Robin,
    As the tears roll freely down my face, I feel the pain of your loss.
    Harley was a special oriench boy and there will always be a an empty spot in your heart when you think of him. But hes not gone forever and never forgotten, you will see him again. Until then hold the happy memories through the tears to get you through.
    I am so glad you brought him home to spend his last days right next to you which helped both of you say goodbye.
    16 years is a long time and he had a good life with you, yet no amount of time is ever enough for us to spend with our special furbabies.
    You have given so much to everyone here and I know everyone here wants to help you through this time. So don't hold your grief in, ask for help if you need or just a shoulder to lean on.
    I know its doesn't seem like it now, but slowly, just a little bit at a time it will get better, the pain and loss are still there but you will be able to think of those happy times without as many tears.
    God bless and keep you.
    Fly free home, sweet oriench boy Harley. wings_cat rb_icon

18. calliecat an marty

calliecat an marty Member

my dear sweet friend (((((((Robin)))))) what a beautiful tribute to Harley :YMHUG: I am crying a river of tears for you right along with everyone else , no words can ease your pain or grief just know all of us love you and are sharing it with you !

fly free sweet Harley wings_cat

19. owlgal

owlgal Well-Known Member

Oh how my heart grieve's with you. What a wonderful tribute to a beautiful life with Harley. Wish i could take your pain away. You are a wonderful mommy to Harley!!

Lori

20. Carol & Yoshi

Carol & Yoshi Well-Known Member

So, so sorry to read of Harley's passing. How fortunate he was to be in your arms at his entrance and exit on this planet. Your bond and love shine through you words today .... and always. Truly sad for you Robin.
    Hugs, Carol (& Yoshi)

21. Barbara

Barbara Well-Known Member

((((Robin))))

I have been thinking & praying for you all day. I will continue to pray for strength for you in the coming days. You took such good care of Harley, I remember you telling me how you would race home at lunch to check on him a couple of summers ago. You understood how scared I was to leave Thumper alone all day. Thank you for that & like Michelle said I'm thankful for Harley since without him you wouldn't have been here. Harley was a part of us also. Love & many tears.... o:)

Barbara

Fly free sweet Harley wings_cat and land ever so softly at the bridge rb_icon

22. CD and BigMac

CD and BigMac Well-Known Member

Robin, I'm so sorry about Harley. I know he was loved by a wonderful woman and he loved you back. I think your gentle souls will always be together even though you have to be physically apart. My heart is with you at this sad time and I wish I could give you a big hug. I remember the laughs and hugs we shared in August at the reunion and I hope you do too. I treasure your friendship. ((((((Robin)))))))

All my best.
    CD

23. Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin

Vicky & Gandalf (GA) & Murrlin Well-Known Member

Dearest Robin,

I know how empty and small your world feels right now. I don't know what else to say but how sorry I am.

Fly free Harley, dear boy. wings_cat

Take care,
    Vicky

24. judy and squamee(GA)

judy and squamee(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Robin, what a beautiful poem! It really captures the experience. I mourn with you and hope you can be comforted by your knowledge of how lucky he was to have you. I wish you strength in getting through the pain ahead. Remember, tears are good! (a good friend of mine once told me they release toxins and keep you healthier.) sending hugs and love.
    Judy

25. mybuddybinks

mybuddybinks Well-Known Member

Oh, Robin...
    my heart breaks for your grief.

all four of us lighting candles for your sweet kitty.
    land softly, Harley.

celi, binks, smudge and annie

[​IMG]

26. Peggy and Mickey (GA)

Peggy and Mickey (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry for your loss. ((hugs)) Fly free Harley.

27. Carol-Charlie

Carol-Charlie Well-Known Member

Oh Robin.... I just screamed No... when I saw your post... Tom came running in.... and we read it together. I am so very sorry... 16 years together... two more than I had with Spunky and two less than I had with Charlie... no age is the right age... no time is enough...

I know the paid I had and am so so sorry you are also there... I can see our three together going over Minnesota weather... their mommy beans and showing Harley how to send a Rainbow....

I share your tears... it's never enough time... never

28. Lisa and Merlyn (GA)

Lisa and Merlyn (GA) Well-Known Member

OH NO!!!!!!!!!!!!! (((((((((((((((((((((((((ROBIN)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Sending many cyber hugs. I am so very sorry.. Harley was a special kitty for sure. Many tears falling here. Harley is flying free now, whole and healthy over the Rainbow Bridge. rb_icon
    wings_cat

29. DD & Tinkerbell

DD & Tinkerbell Well-Known Member

So very sorry to hear of Harley's passing. Isn't it strange how things come full circle? He came into this world in your hands and he left this world with the same hands holding him.

Fly free, sweet Harley. May all our hugs bring you peace, Robin.

Desi

30. myboo99

myboo99 Member

I am so sorry for your loss! May Harley rest in peace & know you'll see him again. ((HUGS))

31. jt and trouble (GA)

jt and trouble (GA) Well-Known Member

What a beautiful poem and tribute. The heavens are being washed with tears and a new star is born. I'm so sorry you've lost such a close friend such a dear soul.
    Fly free Harley, land ever so softly...
    jeanne

32. Mary and Sumo

Mary and Sumo Member

Robin, I am so sorry to hear this sad news. My heart aches for you. Keeping good thoughts for you and saying a prayer to give strength as you deal with the loss of Harley.
    Mary

33. Karen & dB (GA)

Karen & dB (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Robin, I'm so sorry. Harley chose well when he chose you. He spent his entire life knowing love. The poem you shared is one I have from when dB passed. I just love it, and it always makes me cry. It captures the essence of what it is to love a cat. Be gentle with yourself. We are grieving with you.

Tears,
    Karen & dB and Little Girl in spirit, Bindi and Dorje

34. PeterDevonMocha

PeterDevonMocha Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear this Robin .. My heart aches for you .. Fly Free Harley ...

35. Rob & Harley (GA)

Rob & Harley (GA) Well-Known Member

I want to thank everyone for all of the love and support you have sent to me, I appreciate it more than you could possibly know. I don't think I could have gotten through these last few days without you.

I'm sorry I went MIA (as Michele & Peeps kindly pointed out because she was worried about me, thank you Michele) I just needed a little time to try to adjust to my new normal. I don't think my life will ever be quite the same again.

Never in a million years could I have guessed the day Harley was dx what a blessing it would turn out to be because it brought me to this amazing place and gave me so many new dear friends.

Peace,
    Robin

36. Michele and Peeps

Michele and Peeps Member

Thanks Robin - I didn't mean to push too hard, just a friendly little nudge. I genuinely care for your well being, and being MIA is a scary thing for those that care!

37. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Oh Robin, I am so sorry. I haven't been around lately and didn't realize he was so sick. It is so difficult to say goodbye, my heart goes out to you.

Fly free Harley! rb_icon

p.s. I am sure it is little consolation, but Bix died 1 year ago on January 14th. Perhaps they are playing together now.

38. Emmy & Dude

Emmy & Dude Well-Known Member

Oh, no, Robin - I am so sorry to see this. My heart goes out to you. I am just seeing this and feeling so bad for you.

They're never with us long enough, are they? I don't read all of the insulin group sites often and didn't know that your sweet boy had been/was so sick. I just went back and read your posts and see that he was so very sick and you gave him the gift of love that is so difficult and that is required of us.

He's free now of the body that was failing him - but that's little consolation to the ones that loved him - another of our long-time little buddies has left us - and we feel your sorrow and pain.

I so enjoyed our time in August together at Carol's - and send you many hugs - I share your sadness and tears. What a wonderful life you two had with so much love - you gave him that with your devotion. That love and the memories will remain in your heart always.

Sending many hugs your way.

Emmy & Dude (& Mittsi too)

39. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

(((((Robin))))) My heart breaks for you. Fly free, sweet Harley. wings_cat

40. Charliemeow

Charliemeow Well-Known Member

(((Robin)))
    I'm so sorry. Harley fought a good fight, and so did you. A long life full of love and comfort is all any of us can hope for, and I know that is exactly what Harley was fortunate enough to find.
    ~Claudia & Charlie

41. ohbell

ohbell Well-Known Member

Just read this news and wanted to say as many have......shedding tears for you as I read about Harley. Please grieve and dont let anyone take that away from you!
    Harley, please take a moment and say hi to my Gumpy girl~
    We will see you both one day rb_icon

42. Mystery

Mystery Member

So very sorry to hear about Harley's passing. Peace and strength to you, and to all who loved him.

43. cellosmom

cellosmom Member

I'm so sorry. I just read this post and wanted to pass on my condolences.

44. Sophia

Sophia Well-Known Member

I am so sorry that you lost your sweet Harley. The words.. for while I live you shall not die' is so touching and also so sad.. but the memories of our sweet pets will live in our hears forever.

45. Nina and KB

Nina and KB Well-Known Member

((( Robin )))

I'm so sorry for your loss.

46. Harley and Pattie

Harley and Pattie Well-Known Member

(((Robin))), I saw this post and gasped. I am so, so sorry for Harley's passing. My prayers go out to you...May the Lord give you peace. Fly free sweet Harley.

Pattie

47. Elizabeth&Julia&Margaret(GA)

Elizabeth&Julia&Margaret(GA) Member

I'm so sorry Robin. It's crazy to think we started here almost the same time and our kitties are now together again within months of each other. Maybe they have some connection we don't know about. ;-) I know Margaret is welcoming Harley with open paws. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this difficult time. ((Hugs)) wings_cat

48. Deb & Spot

Deb & Spot Well-Known Member

I just saw your post and wanted to tell you how sorry I am for your loss of Harley. I am sure, by now, that he is happily playing with all our other GA's, feeling young and vibrant again, but I'm also sure that he is missing you and will be waiting anxiously to see you again!
    Fly free Harly ((((Robin))))

49. Amy'sWinston (GA)

Amy'sWinston (GA) Member

Oh (((((((((((((((((Robin)))))))))))))))))!!!!

I am SO sorry I am just reading this.... I saw the cross post on Community and thought "no....can't be.... has to be a different user....."

My heart just breaks for you.... I am so very, deeply sorry you had to let Harley go.....

There aren't words enough to express my sadness...

Praying you peace and comfort....

Rest joyfully, Harley. You were loved beyond measure and will be missed more than words can say.....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.