My oldest girl diagnosed this week

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by mom23seniors, Dec 7, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mom23seniors

mom23seniors Member

I have 3 senior cats.
    My girl Mallie (14years) was "diagnosed" with diabetes on Nov.30. I say "diagnosed" because at that appointment (it was strictly for a blood and urine draw) Mallie's urine came back with sugars in it so my vet also requested a fructosamine test as part of her blood work. I have been coming to this forum for the last week but only joined today as I only spoke to my vet TODAY about Mallie's official diagnosis.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Hello and welcome. Good for you on feeding just wet food. Have you checked to make sure they are all low carb variety? The pates are good.

Let us know if you have any questions. Has the vet mentioned type of insulin yet?

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome to kitty Mallie and Mom to three seniors. It is a challenge at first to learn about feline diabetes and treatment, but you are in the right place for information and support. You have probably already been reading about the three basic components of treatment: proper diet, insulin therapy and testing the blood sugar at home to see how the insulin is working for Mallie. We can help with each part and help you learn to manage the treatment, integrate it into your home life and routine, and get Mallie feeling better. The FAQs forum HERE is a good place to begin to read about different topics, as well as the Getting Started and Education sections on the Home Page.

Going forward you can post questions, concerns and issues on the Main Health Forum HERE as more members monitor that forum to help out, especially with new members.

So, don't hesitate, look around, ask questions and tell us how we can help you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.