GA My sweet boy

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Coda (GA), Mar 9, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Coda (GA)

Coda (GA) Member

Coda became a little angel yesterday
    10/31/03- 03/08/17

Coda was declining faster than the vet or I expected with the pancreatitis and dehydration. He had received two rounds of fluid treatment and was fortunately on buprenex for pain the last few days. He lost his appetite due to renal failure and then fatty liver. He was also searching under the beds, in the closets, under the couch, etc trying to hide (which he never does), probably knowing his time to pass was soon.

I wanted to be selfish and treat him and make him hold out on the fluids and pain meds so I could be with him longer. Coda had internal scar tissue to his esophagus, trachea, and intestinal tract that he's lived with just fine the past 13 years from when he ate a poisoned rat as a kitten, burning his insides (he cashed in a lot of lives to try and get him through that). With his decline, this tissue recently became agitated and forming masses, making his condition worse, painful, and unlikely to be successful with treatment. He wouldn't have survived treatment or surgery, or even a feeding tube or intubation from the damage he had internally. I didn't want him to suffer any longer. I know that some people will put their sick kitties through more than they could handle and I didn't want to do that to him. It would have been just mean to put Coda through trying to treat him and make him suffer more against all these odds.

Coda lived a happy life, always so sweet and curious about everything I was doing. He was still happy to be with me, even in his last moments before being put to sleep. I miss him so much and still feel in shock.

Thank you to everyone who helped me with Coda's diabetes and starting insulin, especially Wendy & Neko for always checking Coda's threads and helping me the past few weeks. I know it was a short while and there was so many of you wonderful people and kitties I didn't get to know yet. Keep fighting the fight and save the kitties!

Thank you everyone for all you do on this site,

Rebecca and little angel Codacat_wings>o

[​IMG]

Angel's mommie likes this.
  2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

So sorry it was Coda's time to leave you Rebecca!!

We didn't have much time to get to know him but it was obvious that he was very much loved

Fly free sweet Coda and land softly....there are lots of friends at the bridge to welcome you and keep you company until the one you love most comes to be with you forever. Don't be shy....You might have been new to Lantus Land, but all our GA kitties will know you right away. cat_wings>o

3. Coda (GA)

Coda (GA) Member

Thank you Chris, he'll see everyone and his passed siblings, I hope his bossy sister Maggie May isn't nagging him too much XD

Barbara & Uncle (GA) likes this.
  4. Lincolns Mom

Lincolns Mom Well-Known Member

I am so sorry to read this... he was definitely a fighter from a young age... you gave him the greatest gift... i am sure he is still near you watching over you :bighug::bighug: land softly Coda cat_wings>o

Coda (GA) likes this.
  5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Rebecca))) my deepest sympathies. :bighug::bighug::bighug: I had been worried all day, waiting to see your condo. I know you did everything you could for him, including that hardest gift of all to give. My Neko will be amongst the first at the Bridge and show him the way. Fly free sweet Coda, and land softly.cat_wings>o

Coda (GA) and sarahtee like this.
  6. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Rebecca}}}

Although Coda's time here with us was short, he was a part of our family, as are you. We will all grieve with you for him. Thank you for sharing a little more of his story with us. He clearly ended up with the perfect beans and you gave him a wonderful life, culminating in the ultimate gift. It is so hard on us beans to let go of our furbabies, but putting their needs ahead of our wants is the best way to honor them. Coda will be with you always.

Fly free, sweet Coda, and land softly. :rb_icon:

Coda (GA) and HWright like this.
  7. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

((((Rebecca))))
    So sorry to was Coda's time to go to the bridge.
    Fly free and land softly sweet Coda.
    :rb_icon::rb_icon::rb_icon:

Coda (GA) likes this.
  8. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

9. sarahtee

sarahtee Member

I'm very sorry for your loss, Rebecca.

(((hugs)))

Coda (GA) likes this.
  10. Kako & Tux

Kako & Tux Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry......

Coda (GA) likes this.
  11. suki & crystal (GA)

suki & crystal (GA) Well-Known Member

My deepest sympathy Rebecca on the loss of your sweet Coda. You gave him a wonderful life and a peaceful end, now he starts a new adventure at the Bridge. Fly free little one and land softly. cat_wings>o:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Coda (GA) likes this.
  12. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry to hear about Coda tonight. It's clear that you loved and adored him so much and were totally devoted.
    I know this is such a tough time. We're all here for you :bighug:

Coda (GA) likes this.
  13. TanyaG

TanyaG Member

So sorry to hear about your Coda, he sounded like he lived a long life filled with so much love. Sending much love, hugs and prayers to you!!

Coda (GA) likes this.
  14. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

((Rebecca))

So sorry that Coda had to cross the bridge. You gave him a wonderful life with much love and care and gave him the greatest and hardest gift of love by allowing him to escape the pain and discomfort he was feeling. Hold close your special memories to give you comfort and strength as you go through this sad time.

:bighug: :bighug:

Coda (GA) likes this.
  15. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

16. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

So very sorry that Coda crossed the bridge tonight! What a tough little guy he was! RIP Coda!

Coda (GA) likes this.
  17. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Fly free Coda. Sending prayers. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Coda (GA) likes this.
  18. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. Fly Free Sweet Coda, Land Softly:rb_icon:

Coda (GA) likes this.
  19. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

(((Rebecca))) I am so sorry for your loss. Coda knows how much you love him, and will be there waiting for you to join him one day.
    Maggie May probably showed him around The Bridge and is being very kind to her brother now.
    Fly Free Coda
    cat_wings>o

Coda (GA) likes this.
  20. Julie and Eleanor (GA)

Julie and Eleanor (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry, Rebecca.

Coda (GA) likes this.
  21. Amy&TrixieCat

Amy&TrixieCat Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry....our thoughts and prayers are with you.

Coda (GA) likes this.
  22. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry that you've lost your beloved kitty. :rb_icon:cat_wings>o

Coda (GA) likes this.
  23. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

Fly free dear Coda cat_wings>o

Coda (GA) likes this.
  24. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry for your loss. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Coda (GA) likes this.
  25. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

((((Rebecca))))

I am so very sorry for your loss. There is just never enough time. I hope Coda finds all of our GAs at the Bridge and they are there to keep him company until you are reunited.

Coda (GA) likes this.
  26. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry for you loss. :bighug::bighug:

Coda (GA) likes this.
  27. Donna and Flame

Donna and Flame Well-Known Member

Rebecca, I am so very sorry that you had to send your sweet one Coda on ahead. Having just said goodbye to my darling Flame a week ago, I know the pain and loss you are feeling right now and I grieve with you.
    Coda had a wonderful life with you and you gave him the most selfless gift you could give him in setting him free from pain. May the hole in your heart be filled with the warm memories of you sweet one in time. Be gentle with yourself at this time.

May the Angels guide you safely home Coda. Fly free and land softly dear one. I will ask Flame to meet you at the Bridge.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:cat_wings>o

Coda (GA) likes this.
  28. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

Letting go of our beloved kitties is such a hard thing to do. I'm sorry it was Coda's time to move on to the next chapter in his journey. He will have many other diabetic kitties at the bridge ready to help him in his new journey. While it is the hardest thing to do, if Coda was telling you it was time, you took on the burden to make sure he was as comfortable as possible. The most difficult, but best gift you could give is to put his wishes first and make sure his final days were as comfortable as possible.

Fly free and land softly at the bridge Coda, may you meet many new friends in your new home.

Coda (GA) likes this.
  29. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Rebecca, I am so sorry it was Coda's time to go to the Bridge.
    Fly free, beloved Coda, and land softlycat_wings>o

"Cats never completely leave you. They side step time, shrug off death - come at the call of memory, their beauty undiminished, their touch as gentle, their love perpetual."

I hope all your wonderful memories of your time together with Coda will help your heart heal. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Coda (GA) likes this.
  30. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

With love and all blessings for you and your sweet Coda. You were both very lucky indeed to have each other. May time soften the heartbreak and bring forth the comfort of sweet memories . ❤️❤️❤️❤️
    IMG_1642.GIF

Coda (GA) likes this.
  31. jayla-n-Drevon

jayla-n-Drevon Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Rebecca....:rb_icon:

Coda (GA) likes this.
  32. Anne & Zener GA

Anne & Zener GA Well-Known Member

I am so sorry. You did the right thing to end his suffering. He had a great life with you, what a lucky boy.
    Liz

Coda (GA) likes this.
  33. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Coda was one remarkable kitty. I"m so very sorry you lost him, Rebecca. How lucky and fortunate you two found each other

Coda (GA) likes this.
  34. Squeaky and KT (GA)

Squeaky and KT (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm SO sorry it was Coda's time to cross Rebecca...BIG HUGE loooooong hug.

Soar high on your new angel wings sweet boy...landing softly right back in Mama's broken heart.

More hugs and prayers,

Coda (GA) likes this.
  35. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

((((Rebecca))))
    I'm so sorry.I had a similar situation of not pushing too far when all it would cause is more suffering.....
    Coda was loved and had a wonderful bean who gave him so much love.
    Fly Free Coda.
    [​IMG]

Coda (GA) likes this.
  36. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry Rebecca.

Coda (GA) likes this.
  37. Coda (GA)

Coda (GA) Member

72dpi.png
    Thank you everyone for such kind words.
    I long to see him again, I swear I see and hear his ghost everywhere..
    Fly my little boy, land softly

38. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Rebecca, I'm so sorry it was Coda's time to cross.:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Coda (GA) likes this.
  39. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

Awe, Rebecca, did you paint that picture? It brings tears to my eyes.

Coda (GA) likes this.
  40. Coda (GA)

Coda (GA) Member

Yes, just trying to cope and all <3 doing better but yknow..

41. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

It's a great picture :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: to you.

Coda (GA) likes this.
  42. sarahtee

sarahtee Member

Love your painting, Rebecca!
    (((hugs)))

Coda (GA) likes this.
  43. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so very sorry it was Coda's time to cross..my heart sends a gentle hug to yours..:bighug::bighug:
    I believe they do sometimes stay to be sure we are ok, that you are probably actually seeing him still there with you as you mentioned... I took in an old complex cat for the last of his life. After he passed, each morning as I headed out to work I would see him sitting on the back walkway steps, solid as in life but looking good, not ravaged by the bladder cancer that took him. He would sit and watch me leave for work. This happened every morning for about a month, then, job done he moved on to another time and place. So hoping that brings some small piece of comfort to your heart:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I believe your beloved Coda is near..:bighug::bighug:

44. Coda (GA)

Coda (GA) Member

Thank you, feel a little crazy seeing him, but I swear he's sleeping right next to me on the bed at night as he has always done, or I walk upstairs and see him curled up on the couch..

45. Gussie's mom (GA)

Gussie's mom (GA) Well-Known Member

Nothing crazy at all...I'm jealous!:bighug::bighug::bighug: Give him a gentle "hallo" from me:bighug::bighug:

Coda (GA) likes this.
  46. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

{{{Rebecca}}}

After Harvey crossed, I swear I felt him behind me on my desk chair, where he always curled up, leaving me only a few inches to perch on. To this day I am still sitting on the edge, as if he were here. Maybe he is...

What a beautiful picture. I certainly conveys a lot of emotions. Made me cry, too. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Gussie's mom (GA) likes this.
  47. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

Dear (((Rebecca))),
    Coda knows how much you love him and until you meet again he will be "in good paws" at the Bridge, where all of our GAs will welcome him. We are very sorry for your loss.
    Fly free, dear Coda, on your beautiful new wings. You are much loved.cat_wings>o

In deepest sympathy,
    Ella & Edward, Rusty, and Stu (GA)

Coda (GA) likes this.
  48. Ozzy Pawzbourne

Ozzy Pawzbourne Well-Known Member

Rebecca, I'm so sorry for the loss of your sweet beloved Coda. I hope your heart heals soon and know that you did the very best for him and were a good loving mama bean.

I love your painting. What a great way to remember your sweet kitty.:bighug::bighug:

Coda (GA) likes this.
  49. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Rebecca)))

I am deeply, deeply sorry for your loss. Coda is so blessed to be loved by you because you were able to grant him his wings out of pure and unselfish love. Your painting is a phenomenal tribute to your sweet boy.

Gentle journey, Coda.

Coda (GA) likes this.
  50. Gill & George

I love your painting, :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Coda (GA) likes this.
  51. AZJenks

AZJenks Well-Known Member

I was so moved by your painting. It captures exactly what its like to go through something like this. On the one hand, there's the beauty of the transition to the next stage of the cat's existence. On the other, the human's profound longing for just a little more time. Yet despite their separation, you can feel the bond of love that will keep them connected across time and space. I think it's a wonderful work. Thank you for making it, and for sharing it with us.

52. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Dear Rebecca,

I didn't get to know you and Coda your time here but, I do know the pain of losing a fur baby. There is nothing like the bond of a beloved pet.

I was astounded when I read you painted that picture.! It perfectly magical and captures the transition to other side .

After my beloved Sug,GA left, on the 3rd day, I was working on a craft project and I felt her pawing my leg so I could give her a lift up onto my lap. It was so real and in that moment, I forgot she was gone and leaned down to scoop her up. My heart ....I heard her walking down the hallway for a few days too. It took me a long time to stop crying. 17 1/4 years with her was not enough.

Godspeed for your healing and thank you for sharing her with us.

53. Coda (GA)

Coda (GA) Member

Thank you so much, I'm so glad the feelings translated well in the artwork!

I know the feeling of a crafty cat who wanted attention and cuddles XD Coda would normally be laying on my laptop or at my feet whenever I made art, or walking all over my art work (he even once vomited on a terrible piece I made, he had a good eye lol).

Thank you everyone for such kind words for me and Coda, I wish I can reply to you all. I'll leave you some art cat pictures for his little legacy <3
    IMG_20160910_215723856.jpg IMG_20160923_191543470.jpg IMG_20161025_105010612.jpg IMG_20161120_163343308.jpg

54. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

(((Rebecca))) What sweet memories of your boy "helping" you in your artwork. :bighug::bighug:

Coda (GA) likes this.
  55. Gill & George

I love it when they help with our work, what wonderful memories of your sweet boy.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Coda (GA) likes this.
  56. Coda (GA)

Coda (GA) Member

He was very "helpful" lol, learned quickly that stepping in paint would mean a bath lol!

57. Angel's mommie

Angel's mommie Member

Ah, so very sorry to read this, crying reading this. Fly sweet Coda, where so many friend wait for you, and where we'll all join you one of these days. Love to his mommie and all else who miss him. What a beautiful kitty -- love your photos. And. LOVE your painting. Have saved it on my computer as it so beautifully captures what is sadly a part of all our lives. So many hugs.

58. Michelle and Mannie (GA)

Michelle and Mannie (GA) Well-Known Member

I am so sorry... Fly free little one. :rb_icon:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.