Nature's Recipe Grain Free wet

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by houghtam, Jan 20, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. houghtam

houghtam Member

I emailed Del Monte (the manufacturers of Nature's Recipe) to get the info on their wet food. I couldn't find it on the list from catinfo.com (unless it was listed under another name). They emailed me back a pdf attachment with all of the info. Not sure how to convert to what we are used to seeing on the list. Anyone want to help out? I have attempted to attach the file to this topic.

Attached Files:

2. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Carrots and brown rice are a source of carbohydrate.

3. Wendy&Tiggy(GA)

Wendy&Tiggy(GA) Well-Known Member

you want % calories from carbs as fed. I see carbs as fed % but I think its by weight? Maybe go onto cat info.org and contact dr lisa and see if she can advise? DrPierson @ catinfo.org

4. BJM

BJM Well-Known Member

Send this to Dr Pierson at Cat Info; she may do the calcs. (I'm at work or I'd attempt it)

5. houghtam

houghtam Member

Thanks guys. I know a few of them have brown rice and other things, but one of them, I think it's the turkey/chicken, didn't. At least from the quick glance I did at the store.

6. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

7. houghtam

houghtam Member

I emailed Dr. Lisa and she responded that she can't respond to emails because of the sheer number of them (makes sense), so I tried Binky. I'll see what she says. From what it looks like, I just punch the numbers into the excel table and it will tell me, correct? If so, most are a bit higher than I thought they were. I I did see a few that I have to look at again in the store. I'll post once I have more info.

8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I have a cat food carb calculator on my smartphone

According to it:

Chicken/Beef...10.3%
    Chicken...11.2%
    Salmon...13%
    Ocean Fish..15.5%
    Tuna...15.4%

working on the grain free varieties now

9. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Grain Free varieties

Chicken...6.52%
    Chicken & Salmon...5.63%
    Tuna & Oceanfish...2.69%
    Whitefish & Crab..... .4% (not sure if I believe that one)
    Chicken & Turkey...4.85%

Looks like the Grain Free might be OK (without doing all of them)

10. houghtam

houghtam Member

Chris - thank you so much! I tried doing it on the excel spreadsheet from Binky's page, but wasn't sure if I got the right results. I guess I'll buy a couple and see if they work. Hardey's been doing so well with his BG, I hope it doesn't spike it too much.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.