Nature's Variety Raw Chicken recall

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Karen and Flo, Feb 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Karen and Flo

Karen and Flo Member

2. LynnLee + Mousie

LynnLee + Mousie Well-Known Member

I think this should be posted on a few more of the forums. I'm not convinced this one gets as much traffic as it should. I'd do Health, Community, and the ISG's 'cause there are several people that don't visit more than one or two of the forums.

3. Karen and Flo

Karen and Flo Member

Okay, I'll post in other spots. Is there a way to do it all at once?

ETA: I went through one by one and added to each forum.

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting on the health forum, it's wehre I saw it originally.

UGH! I have to go home and check the dates on my bags and the worst part is, I tossed the bags and put them in smaller ziplocs, so I'm not sure which ones those are for. But I will call company and ask for refund anyway, since I no longer have the original bag or receipt.

GRRRRRRR!

5. Karen and Flo

Karen and Flo Member

I repackage them also, 4-5 nuggets into vacuum seal bags, but I put those into large freezer ziploc bags w/the date of the original bag on that. Of course I've now wasted a bunch of vacuum bags (I won't wash/resuse ones that had raw meat in them). Such a waste. Not to mention the hour it took to vacuum pack all of them! I also made sure to keep the original bags in a ziploc in the freezer. I don't know why--I've never done that before, but something told me I'd want them.

6. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

So my unopened bags have a 11/09/2010 date and my opened one, which I still have the one bag has a 10/09/2010 date

So, while I guess the opened ones are ok, I have to question the november ones.

I think I'll take them back anyway, since they are unopened and xchange them for others.

Still makes me angry....the carelessness of people.

7. Brenda and Morris

Brenda and Morris Member

I threw my bags away also...how did you do on getting a refund without the bags???

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.