Natures Variety versus Primal

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Nicole & Baby, Mar 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

Hi, I have been feeding Baby Natures Variety Raw food without any issue -- she is on Chicken & Rabbit flavors. Loves it. With the recent recall of NV Chicken - it got me thinking about other Raw brands. I gave her Primal Chicken/Salmon last night & within an hour of eating it - she puked (she is not a cat who vomits & this has never happened on NV) I thought maybe there were other contributing factors - so I tried it again this afternoon & it all came back up. Later this afternoon - I fed her NV Rabbit & that stayed down just fine. I am going to plan on keeping her on NV since Primal is not working out -- just did not know if anybody had any ideas?

2. Nicole & Baby

Nicole & Baby Well-Known Member

I thought about this a bit more & wondered if she was inhaling it because she liked it so much? Anyway.. I gave her NV Rabbit tonight, with only a tiny bit of Primal -- it has stayed down - maybe I will transition her that way - if it works -- if not, I will just stick to NV

3. paige

paige Well-Known Member

Glad to hear that she kept down the small amount of primal when it was mixed in with NV. Maybe 100% primal was just different enough to upset her tummy. Hope the transistion goes well. :mrgreen:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.