NEED ADVICE: Still dropping at +9?? (38 at +5)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jenna Josie, Aug 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Cross-posted from ProZinc forum: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/need-advice-after-38-5.201358/

Hi Everyone -- Could really use some insight here. I don't understand why she is still so low given that the PZ should definitely be wearing off by now??

Also, I absolutely have to leave the house in one hour and will be gone for 90 minutes. (I am running a dinner and have to be there. There's no one else.)

If she's not starting to go up by then, should I put down some HC food and let her have that? If so, the whole 3 oz can?

2. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

i don't know how PZ works but, at 38 i would of automatically given some medium carb food to keep it from going any lower. so yeah best to be safe and give her at least some medium carb food to have while you are gone.

edit: just realize +5 was 38 and you said she is still dropping at +9?? is that right, what is her number now??

3. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Thanks so much for replying, Sylvie!!

Yes, we did that when she was 38 at +5. She got up to 90 a +6 but has been dropping ever since and is at 53 +9. I don't understand why she keeps going down unless the 90 was just a food spike and this is now that spike wearing off? I just don't want her to drop any lower while I can't be here to intervene and steer her back up.

Sorry my title was misleading. I'm feeling a little frantic.

4. Sylvie

Sylvie Member

understandable, i'd be frantic too with thise numbers!! was probably a food spike so i would go ahead and leave food out for her, better to be safe.

5. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Okay. Tested her just now b/c have to leave in 10 mins, and she's at 81. Yay!

Still, gave her some gravy and am leaving out her regular LC food for her while I have to be gone.

Sylvie likes this.
  6. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Yeah, carb her up good-- she's proven her point and earned a dose reduction!

7. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

Tested her right when I got back, and she's at 271, which I'm not going to complain about today! :)

Nan & Amber (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.