? Need dosing advice!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Squalliesmom, Sep 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Squallie is having a lot of lovely, low numbers, so much so that he did not get any insulin last night. My question is whether or not I should reduce his dose this morning? I would appreciate it so much if someone with more experience than me would look at his ss and give me some guidance! I think he's probably still okay at 1 unit, but I'm not sure, and I'd rather be safe than sorry!

2. granadilla

granadilla Well-Known Member

I'm not experienced with Vetsulin but I think your instincts are good. I would probably try .75 and see how he does.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  3. Squalliesmom

Thanks Shane, that's what I went with. Fingers crossed that he gets some more lovely greens!

granadilla likes this.
  4. granadilla

Paws crossed! Come on Squallie, keep that pancreas kicking into gear!

5. Squalliesmom

Well, I just tested him and at 3.5 hrs he's down to 58. I've given him a little high carb gravy to try and steer him upwards just a little bit.

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  6. granadilla

Look at that pancreas go! I wonder if he's in the mood for 0.5 units tonight!?

Squalliesmom likes this.
  7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Wow! Squallie and Bubba and both going down quicker today. They got the memo!! Safe numbers to both our boy!!

granadilla, Squalliesmom and Sharon14 like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.