Need First Vet Visit Questions Please!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Michele & Gracie, Mar 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michele & Gracie

Michele & Gracie Member

Hi All-

My Gracie was diagnosed Wednesday night and has been at the vet's since for an initial glucose curve. I will be picking her up in about an hour and wanted to down load the "First Vet Visit" questions, but the page is still under construction.

Does anyone have a copy or some suggestions?

I currently have: Insulin Type, Dosing, Target Glucose Level, Feeding, When to check levels before/after feeding w/glucosameter.

Any other suggestions GREATLY appreciated!! :)

Many thanks from me & Gracie!

Michele

2. Gia and Quirk

Gia and Quirk Member

Ask if a fructosamine has been done. Ask for details about all other aspects of Gracie's health and what your vet advises doing about them. We often find that bad teeth are an underlying contributing cause of FD.

3. Michele & Gracie

Michele & Gracie Member

Thank you Gia-

Picked up Gracie and we gave her her second daily dose while the tech was giving me instructions.

She's greeting the rest of the gang and setteling back in, so we are on our own tomorrow. :)

4. Hillary & Maui (GA)

Hillary & Maui (GA) Well-Known Member

sorry coming on late here = but there is still time to ask:

- for a copy of all the cat's records, including everything done in this last visit
    = to teach you how to inject insulin properly and how to home test (test the ear) so you can get your own bg's and won't need to take cat into vet like you just did.

5. Venita

Venita Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.