? Need help (eyes-on) numbers....looking for patterns

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by apple, May 20, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. apple

apple Member

1. Yes......not fdmb version of a spreadsheet, and it's still valid data. Please be flexible about the way the data is presented.

I have multiple parties that need his data and everyone can't have their own style sheet. I'm overwhelmed trying to get everyone their preferred style of data and just can't do it.
    I had a vet draw a graph this week at an appt....
    Something has to give and it can't be my mental health.
    Fourteen vets [edit =17, I forgot 3], fdmb and me =16 ways people want their data. I can't do it. It takes precious time away from the only thing I want to do, love on my cat.
    Please be flexible, I need help looking for any trends that may be seen.

2. I want you to look beyond fdmb colors of yellow/pink

3. Divide the 100s into:
    X00-X49 and X50-X99
    Example 300-349 and 350-399

4. The theory vets are using is:
    A. My cat is not diabetic, he's transient diabetic
    B. Once he's dosed off of dex he will no longer be diabetic
    C. As the dose on dex is lowered, his bg will come down

Ok...here is what I think I see from the first numbers
    1. As the dex drops the bg goes higher
    2. How the heck can you (vet) say my cat is transient diabetic. I hope you are right, can you prove it?
    3. If the bg numbers are lower in higher dex and lower lantus, logic says the body is happier and therefore a return to lower lantus and higher dex is called for.
    4. Vet wants to continue to decrease dex and up lantus -my gut says .....his body has not had time to try and settle at the new dex doses.
    5. If a cat can get panicky liver and dump glucose into the bids when bg drop do to increase insulin why wouldn't it be the same for dex dosing changes?

Do you see any trends? I may be too close to the data and let how the cat presents himself influence me.

Thank you for offering your time to look at his dex data. I just want my baby to feel well.

I've been reading lots if research about dex+insulin and some says to dose the dex right at time of insulin. Some said split the dose no matter the size.

His vets say, one dont divide.

When your cat takes non-insulin meds do you divide the dose so its equal on both sides of the insulin?

20170520_130925.jpg

Last edited: May 20, 2017
  2. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Give me/us a few minutes (hours?). Obviously you're trying really hard.

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

you're numbers have not sugnificantly changed for preshots. If you can, run curves every so often, that's going to give you a lot more information. Also try to catch mid cycle numbers when possible.

4. Noah & me (GA)

Sorry. Look at the forum and you'll see 15 people have looked at this. My excuse, making soup, other cat puked, wife has migraine, yakking on other forum. We do care. Is everything okay right now?

5. Noah & me (GA)

Thanks Janet

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.