Need peeps to collect gluten free food data

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Robert and Echo, Jan 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robert and Echo

Robert and Echo Administrator Staff Member Moderator

There is a very outdated section on the diet section of felinediabetes.com about gluten-free fancy feast.

This data needs to be updated, not only about Fancy Feast, but all canned foods. If you are interested in gathering data on this subject, please Pm or email me.

Thank you very much!

2. gingerand((calliope))(GA)

gingerand((calliope))(GA) Member

Coincidentally, I just this second received the following email from Nestle Purina. I asked if there were changes to any of the classic products. I wanted the details, but didn't get that. Perhaps, if enough folks ask, we can get updated numbers.

Thank you for contacting Nestlé Purina PetCare Company.

We appreciate your patience. Please know that the Fancy Feast(r) Gourmet Cat Food - Classic products did undergo ingredient realignments and some products had some supplementary ingredients added and removed. Please know that no glutens were added to any of the products.

We hope this information is helpful for your use.

Again, thank you for visiting our web site.

3. drjsiems

drjsiems Member

Are you still looking for people to help with this data collection? If so, let me know.

Judy

4. Erimess & Sammy (GA)

Erimess & Sammy (GA) Member

When I have time, I do collect info. In fact, any info collected, I would like to have a copy of cause I have my own set of charts. (It's basically a bigger chart, with everything Janet uses, plus dry matter values for everything, and I include some extra stuff.)

When I have the time to do it (I say that a lot!), I plan on calling both Nestle Purina and Nutro. Friskies has also gone through like 2 changes in the past 3-4 years. Nutro got a new label so I checked it out and it's changed as well. (I know no one on here ever talks about Nutro.) I'm even going to complain about the labels cause the flavor of food is now little tiny. And I'm going to yell at them both cause we never get the info we want. I don't bother emailing -- I call.

5. Roni and Moonie

Roni and Moonie Well-Known Member

I called Purina today & got the new % of carbs in the low carb ff foods we use--need to be calculated into Janet & Binky data.
    See the post here from me.

6. Ann & Tess GA

Ann & Tess GA Well-Known Member

Roni, how do you do the calculations for Janet and Binky data you were talking about. Will the chart be updated when you have the info? I'm not sure how all this works.

I have data from Felidae but not sure how to relate it to the J&B data.

7. Gator & H (GA)

Gator & H (GA) Well-Known Member

I have found it VERY difficult to get the REAL info from companies as they will frequently give the GA analysis even when you ask for the DM or AF. Anyone asking for the AS or DM numbers need to verify that the numbers they have gotten are not the GA numbers. It's usually someone at the company who doesn't even know the difference and you have to educate them on the fact that GA is NOT AF or DM.

I'm PMing you with the Natural Balance grain free numbers I've gotten and more info.

8. gingerand((calliope))(GA)

gingerand((calliope))(GA) Member

I received updated information on FF gluten free varieties and sent it to Janet and Binky earlier this week. FYI

9. RachelandConner

RachelandConner New Member

Are you still looking for gluten free/other info becuase I just got one for a catfood called Soulistice that I could send if you would like it.

10. buddybean

buddybean New Member

I have looked for ever for grain free food. And ones that my cats like. it is called Go! natural. I found it on petfooddirect. It is not cheap and the food it like wellness core.. .little kibbles. But they seem to like it. read the ingredients. It impressed me enough to buy a bag.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.