Need to find a home for Benny :-(

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Meggers84, Jun 21, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Meggers84

Meggers84 New Member

My father just passed away unexpectedly and he left behind 2 cats Benny and Gabby both approx. 10/11 years old. Unfortunately Benny has diabetes and I don't have the money or time to give him the care he needs. As of right now his diabetes is under control and is not insulin dependant at the moment. I've asked everyone I know, called every place that I thought could help and I got nothing. So my purposes of creating this thread is to try to find someone who can love and care for Benny the way that my Dad did!?!? 20170612_113159.jpg

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

So sorry for your loss of your father.
    Benny is adorable! You can try contacting Diabetic Cat In Need (DCIN). They can often help place diabetic kitties into good homes.

3. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm sorry you lost your dad. There are several people on here who have diabetic kitties who were given up by a previous owner. Try posting on the main health forum as well where more people will see this. @Chris & China works with DCIN and she might be able to give you some info.

Benny is very sweet. :)

Sharon14 likes this.
  4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

So sorry about your dad. Benny is beautiful. Having diabetes in remission won't cost more than any other cat. Just feed a low carb wet food... Most here feed fancy feast classic or Friskies pate foods. If you still need to find a home for him contact the DCIN or local rescues who will do background checks on potential adopters. Just don't list on Craigslist.... Lots of evil people looking for bait animals.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.