Need to reduce dosage advice

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Ivana R, Aug 16, 2019.

1. Ivana R

Ivana R Member

Hi all,

I had not made a spreadsheet but had all of my numbers saved on my alphatrak. I thought his bg was worsening so I was slowly upping his unit take but I think that it has had the adverse effect. I am currently giving him 4 U 2x a day. Is it unsafe to start from scratch at 2 U again or do I have to slowly drop it by .25 units?

He is otherwise healthy, eating well, very active etc.

But am positive that I need to reduce his insulin and try doing the curve all over.

Advice?

Thank you!

2. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Without seeing the data you have collected, it's really impossible for anyone to give you advice on what to do. We'd be more than happy to help you out but we need to be able to see what has been going on up till now to make any recommendations/suggestions. Each cat is different and dosing for one cat doesn't necessarily work for another so if you could set up a spreadsheet and plug in at least a couple of weeks of the data you have collected, it will help us help you.

The instructions for setting up the spreadsheet are HERE. If you need help setting it up just holler. THIS document explains how to use the spreadsheet. It's easy to use and not only will it help us help you, but it will give you a good visual picture of what's going on too.

3. Jerry dutchboy

Jerry dutchboy Well-Known Member

I agree wholeheartedly with MrWorfMen's Mom comment. It is such a useful tool for everyone, including you. If you set it up it will help you to see Geppy's trends and patterns which in turn help tremendously with either making dosing decisions yourself or for others to help you.:)

4. (GA) Gypsy's Parent

(GA) Gypsy's Parent Member

I'm a third voice on the bandwagon for some data in a spreadsheet. It's too risky to give dosing advice without some recent data.