Need treat suggestions :)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Carina Josefine, Dec 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Carina Josefine

Carina Josefine Member

I am looking for some treats that Kitty can have. She is feeling better, and without training and fun times, she is being annoying to the other cats.

I need some treats that good for use in enrichment toys (Nina Ottoson type toys), and for clicker training - not too soft and/or sticky.

Kitty does NOT like anything resembling meat or fish, or treats that are too obviously meat or fish. She hates freeze dried treats and the Nature Menu type treats. She sees right through it - they are MEAT = YukkY! :banghead:

Examples of type treats she does not touch:
    Freeze dried
    Natures Menu

We have tried different types and flavours, but it's just too obvious that it's a lot of meat. I've always thought this cat is a wannabe vegetarian or something. :rolleyes:

Kibbles work great for treats, but are obviously bad for her.Dreamies are another favourite, but without having looked it up yey, I'm assuming they are bad too.
    • Kitty want the crunch, where the meat does not obviously smell/taste like meat
    • I want the low carb.

Are there any treats that will satisfy the both of us?

[035322].jpg

Last edited: Dec 26, 2018
  2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

A cat that doesn't like meat...hmmm :confused:

Dr Elsey's Clean Protein Chicken dry food might be an option (between 4 and 5% carbs). You could use a few kibbles as a treat. This is what I offer Mia as her testing treat.

Carina Josefine likes this.
  3. Carina Josefine

Carina Josefine Member

She is so silly when it comes to that! She has always been that way, ever since she was a little kitten. We don't have the food you mention in this country, but now that you mention dry food, we do have Thrive in tiny bags in some pet stores. Thrive is meant to be decent-ish compared to most, right? I'll look into that :)

Thank you :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.