Nelli 12.06 (+6.5) 207 PMPS 208 (+2.5) 190

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Krystina & Nelli, Dec 6, 2018.

1. Krystina & Nelli

Krystina & Nelli Well-Known Member

2. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

It's possible that it's a failed reduction. Are you feeding Nelli the canned or dry Farmina? Given your note that you're seeing higher numbers when you use that food, it may be food related. Some cat's numbers get a little wonky for a bit if you change their diet. I ran the numbers on the Farmina canned food and it is low carb although the info that's available are for the guaranteed analysis versus the "as fed" values.

Realistically, if you want to give it through the PM cycle tonight, you should have a better idea if this is a failed reduction (i.e., 6 cycles).

Also, an alternative to Darwins is to buy an add in (Marje and I and several others here use EZ Complete from Food Fur Life) and mix this with ground meat you buy -- I get lamb and pork from Whole Foods -- and then freeze.) Some people grind their own food or you can buy pre-ground if you trust where you're buying the food.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  3. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Nelli did see some green yesterday, but that could have been the depot from the prior dose. Hopefully she'll show you tonight if she needs to go back up. If she doesn't get back to green, I'd go back up.

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  4. Krystina & Nelli

I'm sorry I posted earlier and then disappeared until now.
    Today became a very rough day, emotionally and mentally in my world. Tomorrow will be a better day :)

@Sienne and Gabby (GA) thanks-
    The Farmina was dry F&D DIGESTION.
    The night I wrote about feeding her this was the last ;)
    I tried the EZ Complete first- first road I traveled down after Nellis diet (of 8 years), Rad Cat was "murdered". I was so excited about having complete control over ingredients of her diet. I was saddled up, committed to this task :bighug:
    Nelli didnt like :(. Tried more than one way... Chicken, Turkey. Had a local butcher Shop fix me up. Bought ground chicken... ground turkey- ground pork. All air chilled & or free-range, organic.
    I suspected she didn't like the EZ?
    She loves raw chicken thighs, breast, hearts and liver- RAW... w/o EZ.:(
    I was so disappointed.
    We are still on the journey to get Nelli loving her meals again.
    I am opposed to (all) can foods, dry food... freeze dried. I've crossed the line on this because she needs to eat? She wants to eat? Feeding her "my mix" of raw, chicken thighs, breast and organs is not nutritionally complete. I am at wits end.
    Nelli has spent more than half her life a stray. Stalking prey- allowed to be a cat.
    I will try EZ again.
    Darwin is due to deliver tomorrow. What do you know/ think about them?
    I sincerely appreciate your interest in Nelli :), :cat:.
    Thanks

Last edited: Dec 6, 2018
  5. Krystina & Nelli

Thanks Carla.
    Yup, it's back up we go in morning. Oh well, it's ok :)
    Hope you and Furball are doin pretty good :bighug:

6. Krystina & Nelli

Last night was cycle five... unless someone else tells me if it were me, I’d increase her now at 6, I will stay at 2.75 for one more cycle... @carfurby ?

7. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

If it looks like she is heading down at AMPS, I'd wait and see if she makes it to green today.