neuropathy

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Aliud, Feb 28, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Aliud

Aliud New Member

I am new on the board and recently a mother to a diabetic cat, Brady. We have been up and down trying to get his sugar levels down. He now has neuropathy, I have been doing some reading anyone have any success with B12?

Thanks

2. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

Many people have successfully used methyl B12 to treat neuropathy in cats. Here is some info: http://laurieulrich.com/jasper/ I don't have any experience with neuropathy so I can't advise you how much methyl B12 to use.

3. Gia and Quirk

Gia and Quirk Member

The only way to reverse neuropathy is to regulate the diabetes. Can you tell us more about your cat and his treatment. Are you testing Brady's blood glucose at home? If so, please share the numbers you have with us.

As for supplements, regular Vitamin B-12 doesn't do a thing. METHYL B-12, methylcolbalamin, is helpful, but without regulation it won't reverse neuropathy.

4. Kimber and Bunny GA

Kimber and Bunny GA New Member

I have to agree with Gia. Bunny's went away after he was regulated...without any supplements.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.