? Nevermind

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Marj & Djoko, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/15-6-djoko-pmps-308-3-74-4-68.231043/

Hello, I read the post regarding lower PS. This morning he was at 4.5 on Libre (but tested 8.5 on Alpha Tracak2) so not that low. He surfed a little while before going up. I wanted to shoot him 3 hours delayed his shot time but decided to shoot earlier instead. Next time, to not lose momentum when he is doing well e.g. 8-10 on AT2, instead of 1.5U, should I give 0.75 or 1U? I know some people shoot low but I am not there with Djoko's inconsistent results.
    Thanks!
    Marjo

Last edited: Jun 16, 2020
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Those 67's last night meant Djoko earned a dose reduction down to 1.25 units.

Since you are following SLGS now, you do not shoot if he's below 90 (5.0). I'm glad you retested with the AT - I thought I had read somewhere that the Libre tests lower even than human meters at the low end. You will have to decide whether you want to follow the AT or the Libre when deciding whether to shoot. He was safe to shoot at 148 (8.5). Please note that most people here are not familiar with mmoL/l for blood glucose, so you should report numbers in the US measures of mg/dl, so they can help you.

Whether you shoot at 148 may depend on the circumstances, whether you will be home to monitor, have high carb food and either plenty of test strips or the Libre on. I see you have shot the full dose as low as 167 before. That's not a lot above 148. Shooting different doses interrupts the depot, and makes results even more inconsistent.

3. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

I am not following SLGS just did not change my signature. I won't reduce if his nadir is 67 because it means on AT2 because it means he is at least 126.7 on AT2 and this is not dangerous at all and even with SLGS, I would not decrease. I test with AT2 to see how low it is and it has been above 90 each time except once and I decreased from 1.75 to 1.50. As such, I am "compliant" with both methods.

So no, no dose reduction unless we want him to get into keto...

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Since I don't know what dosing method you are following, I cannot help you with deciding the dose.

5. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

I think I am fine. It is pretty simple.

6. Si am cat mom

Si am cat mom Well-Known Member

Maybe on some of those lime green numbers on the SS - if/ when you retest with the AT2 to make sure there are not too low- you could put that number in so that anyone looking at the SS knows that the number is actually within a safe range. That's why we keep the SS ...to help other people help us.
    So, it might look like ( 67 libre/ 98 AT)

....I think if the 1.5 is giving you numbers that you don't feel comfortable shooting, (like the dose you skipped this AM) and Djoko's BGs still have such a wide range- I'd reduce his dose, but that's just me. Skipping doses outright doesn't cause DKA, it is a combination of things like no insulin, no food etc. But Lantus does like consistency and skipping doses causes that wonkiness that upsets the numbers.

tiffmaxee likes this.
  7. Marj & Djoko

Marj & Djoko Member

I think I put it into the comment box. At the beginning, I was coverting the number to not worry and to avoid being to reduce but then I was told not to convert. I always test when he goes below 3.5 on Libre.

You are right. The 1.50U is scaring me when he is at 8.5 (153 or so). In March, I tried and he reacted well but I have not found any comparable consistency since March.
    Yes. His numbers are terrible tonight (above 30).I regret it. I was hoping he would stay low but this was indeed wishful thinking. Maybe 1 or 1.13 when he is low. Thank you.