New day for Bibo!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Taline & Bibo, Aug 12, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Taline & Bibo

Taline & Bibo Member

Good Morning my friends,

Last night, I wanted to change the cycle to have a better injection schedule, so I gave Bibo's .15u at +16, in order to get back to morning and evening 12 hour cycle. I just checked his bg at +5 and it's 103, and he had his morning meal an hour ago.
    If you have time, please check his ss, to see if you think Bibo could take little more insulin, perhaps a .20u, to have more greens, as oppose to blues. What do you think? Have a wonderful day.

2. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

it's still trending down nicely since yesterday so let's see what his next preshot number is. if it's in the 100s i'd stick with 0.15u. if it's in the 200s i'd do 0.2u.

3. Taline & Bibo

Taline & Bibo Member

Ok Chris. The only thing that I was gonna tell you that I wanna give him his shot at +14 today, because, I want to change the schedule, so I can inject him before I go to work, otherwise would be very difficult. i hope delaying some hours today, will be ok for Bibo. But anyway, thank you chris for checking on us again.

4. chriscleo

chriscleo Well-Known Member

i'm sure it'll be fine. he's doing great on such a small dose.

5. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

Good heavens---how do you adjust a dose from .15u to .20u...thats a difference of 5-one-hundredths.

I don't know how you could possibly perceive that difference in a syringe.

6. Taline & Bibo

Taline & Bibo Member

I really don't know exactly Karen, trust me, but I stop at the .2 mark and squeeze one drop out, and that's to me 1.5, and one more drop is 1u. I practiced many times on the sample syringe, however, you can never be too accurate.

7. Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA

Phoebe_TiggyGA_NortonGA Well-Known Member

Karen, Taline is using U40 PZI in U100 syringes to get the microdosing (just started using U100 syringes this week)

8. Karen & Smokey(GA)

Karen & Smokey(GA) Well-Known Member

I figured that...same as I did with Smokey.

9. Taline & Bibo

Taline & Bibo Member

I just tested him at +11.5 and his bg is 133, to low to shoot, I'll wait couple of hours.

10. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Taline, glad to see things are going so great!!! I do the super-micro doses sometimes too, as do others on PZI. It's a challenge though - I think some people use a magnifying glass even!!! I guess we all figure out our own system that works for us. Keep up the good work, you are doing awesome! :YMHUG:

11. Taline & Bibo

Taline & Bibo Member

Hi Joanna, thanks again for checking on us. I feel more confident now taking care of Bibo. I like his numbers,, but I'd like it more if I see more greens. ;-) He is my little "moog" meaning mouse in Armenian, and we use that term to refer to something small and cute and sassy!

12. Joanna & Bix (GA)

Joanna & Bix (GA) Well-Known Member

Hey cool! That definitely describes our kitty Moog we used to have - she was adorable, and a sassy tortie too!!! :D Hope things are going great for you today!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.