(New?) food LOW carb USA and Canada

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by kimouette, Apr 27, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimouette

kimouette Member

1% carb !

In Canada, Mondou stores will put them on sale soon! When I go back to Canada, this is exactly what I'm gonna feed my cat with (Tuna and chicken flavor)
    And I might buy their dog food.. for myself! Just kidding, but it sure looks good!

http://www.petropics.com/

2. squeem3

squeem3 Well-Known Member

It's Tiki Cat :smile: It's been on the market in the US for a few years now. Most of the varieties are seafood based so they are not good to feed every day to a cat. Some cats get addicted to eating seafood and some types of fish may contain mercury.

I would stick with the chicken varieties and occasioanlly feed the chicken/seafood varieties and the seafood only varities.

Tiki Cat Gourmet Whole Food Brand Cat Food Koolina Luau is shredded chicken breast and egg prepared in consommé for a grain free, gravy free, zero carb meal. Ingredients are Chicken, Chicken Broth, Dried Egg, Sunflower Seed Oil, Fish Oil. [vitamins and minerals]

Tiki Cat Gourmet Whole Food Brand Cat Food Puka Puka Luau is shredded chicken breast prepared in chicken consommé for a grain free, gravy free, zero carb meal. Ingredients: Chicken, Chicken Broth, Sunflower Seed Oil, Fish Oil [vimtains and minerals'

Tiki Cat Gourmet Whole Food Brand Cat Food Hookena Luau is shredded Ahi Tuna, chicken breast and egg prepared in consommé for a grain free, gravy free, zero carb meal.
    Ingredients: Tuna, Chicken, Chicken Broth, Sunflower Seed Oil, Fish Oil. [vitamins and minerals]

Tiki Cat Gourmet Whole Food Brand Cat Food Napili Luau is shredded wild caught Vancouver Salmon and chicken breast prepared in consommé for a grain free, zero carb meal. Ingredients Salmon, Chicken, Chicken Broth, Sunflower Seed Oil, Fish Oil. [vitamins and minerals]

I would avoid the seafood and rice varieties because even though the food is low carb, some diabetic cats may have a increase in bgs from the rice.

3. Julia & Bandit (GA)

Julia & Bandit (GA) Well-Known Member

I get a can or two of the Koolina Luau for Bandit every now and then as a treat, but a bit pricy for me to feed all the time. I can vouch that flavor is certainly diabetic safe. It's basically just shredded chicken and egg-- high protein, low fat, low carb. :smile:

4. Melanie and Smokey

Melanie and Smokey Well-Known Member

Many of the Tiki cat flavors include rice so people need to be selective with them.

My cats certainly didn't become addicted. Tiger looked at the dish, shook his head and ran away.

I tried to get them to like it because they have better fish sources if you have a cat that is a fish addict, but my fussy kids didn't like big chunks of sardine in their food. The tua they will eat once in a while, but that's back to the not as good fish source.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.