Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by LuAnn, Jul 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuAnn

LuAnn Member

Hi there, was informed yesterday that my 12 year old cat, Cookie has diabetes. I am overwhelmed to say the least.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi LuAnn and welcome to FDMB. I know you feel overwhelmed, but as you learn each step on how to care for Cookie, it will get easier and better. Most of us were in the same boat at first. Lots of information and support here. Take a deep breath, feline diabetes is manageable and you will learn to help Cookie feel better and keep your kitty safe. Take a look at the forums and take a few minutes and start reading the yellow info and stickies at the forum page tops. My favorite, and one I come back to, is the Feline Diabetes FAQS Forum, right in the forum list 2 below the Intro forum we are in now.

LuAnn likes this.
  3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! We all start out overwhelmed. I will get better. You can get a lot of info, support and advice here to help you through it,

LuAnn likes this.
  4. LuAnn

LuAnn Member

Thank you, I do appreciate your words of encouragement!!

5. Harley Baby & Michele

Harley Baby & Michele Member

Welcome! You will find a great deal of very helpful information on this board, I sure have. I also have an "oreo cookie" cat named Oliver.

6. Coco’s Momma

Coco’s Momma Member

Welcome LuAnn and Cookie! I’m new and somewhat overwhelmed too. But I’ve already found great information and tips to get started.

7. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome! We are here for you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.