New- Posted to health first. Oops!

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by ANN C, Dec 28, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ANN C

ANN C New Member

Casper is a 11 year old neutered male diagnosed in late October with diabetes. At the time he was eating canned Friskies and Meow mix. Now have him on canned food only, BFF and am trying to get him regulated. It has been a challenge and looking at the numbers, the vet and I decided some of range of readings we were seeing were complicated by rebound so we decided to get the diet stabilized (done) and start over at 2u ProZinc. Today is first day I am running a glucose curve and right off the bat, the first reading is 180, his lowest starting reading so I posted to health to figure out if I should give him his 2 units of insulin or not. Will be retesting in 2 hours which will be just before noon.

2. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

Welcome! Lots of good people and info here to help. You and your kitty are in good hands:)

3. Coco’s Momma

Coco’s Momma Member

Welcome to the board Ann and Casper!

4. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Hi and welcome Ann and Casper. So glad you are here. It would be very helpful if you could make your signature so Casper's info is available when you post. (That's the grey text you see under our responses) Here is a link on how to do that: SIGNATURE
    I'm so glad you are home testing, one of the best tools you have to track the insulin effect and to keep Casper safe. We use a spreadsheet to record the insulin dose and injection times, plus all the BG tests you are doing. It is linked to the signature and members can take a look at the trends and patterns before advising. Here is a link to the SPREADSHEET instructions and understanding the GRID.
    Best wishes going forward! :cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.