New to feline diabetes

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jake and Riley, Jan 6, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jake and Riley

Jake and Riley New Member

Hi, just introducing myself. My 13 yr old cat was diagnosed 2 weeks ago, to which I immediately started him on insulin. It's quite a life-style adjustment for us, but as stressed as I've been, and I worry about the future when I need to go away for work or to visit family, (I live overseas from them all), I knew I had no other choice but to help his quality of life. So, I'll do a bit more tutoring after work to help support the new bills, and we'll see how it goes. Wish us luck!

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! It is definitely life-altering. You will get a lot of support and advice here.

Jake and Riley likes this.
  3. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to FDMB from a fellow Torontonian! This can all be so overwhelming at the beginning but it quickly becomes a regular part of your routine. There are some tricks for keeping the expenses under control and we are here to help you adjust and get your kitty on the road to regulation. Come join us over on the Health Forum with any and all questions you might have.

4. Julie and Honey

Julie and Honey Well-Known Member

Welcome! You are in the right place for support and advice to help get your kitty feeling better.:cat:

5. Jake and Riley

Jake and Riley New Member

Thank you! I'll be sure to check out the Health Forum.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.