Hello, Mittens, a ~15yo female adopted ~4 yrs ago, was diagnosed with diabetes 9/25/17. She had lost ~3 lb from her standard ~13lb and was exhibiting the classic litter box output and increased thirst that I've since learned are hallmarks of feline diabetes. She had never seemed overweight, particularly compared to our 16lb+ male cat, so we were surprised to learn of the diagnosis. But we know little about her life before adoption 4 years ago. Since diagnosis, we've had a lot of ups and downs, but we are in a phase where the insulin doesn't seem to be making a big impact on BG, and I'm open to advice on (1) food and (2) dosing. A not-so-brief history below: 9/25 (t=0): Reading over 400, diagnosis, learned she had lost 3lb sometime since Feb 2017 (most recent vet visit) to 10lb+. Later that week, vet kept her overnight and started at 1 unit. BG got as low as high 200s during vet stay. Started 1u of Lantus (pen) 2x/d. She historically ate a mix of dry and wet, more wet. She was not a finicky eater, enjoying variety. We switched her to Purina DM wet and dry at diagnosis. t=12: Vet visit with elevated reading (300+) 5-6 hours after AM dose. Advised to increase insulin to 2u 2x/d. Mittens had gained ~0.4lb. t=20-21: Mittens was ravenous. Given her weight loss, we gave extra wet and let her self-feed. t=22: Mittens begins 36-hr hunger strike. She will sniff food and seem interested, but no eating. Behavior is as morose and lethargic as I've ever seen her. t=23: After 36 hours, I try handfeeding warmed chicken and egg, and she starts eating. t=24-26: Eating is better, although not great. Behavior remains depressed and lethargic, though modestly better than during full hunger strike. t=26: BG of 56 ~5-6 hours after AM dose of 2u. Weight was lower than diagnosis (i.e. lots of back-tracking). Given sporadic eating and low BG reading, vet advised stop Lantus until better pattern of eating. Mittens was prescribed an anti-nausea medicine and a mild appetite stimulant. Given the hypo scare, I bought home-test kit to better monitor (I was previously under hopes that she would level out at a specific insulin dose and be steady). I buy a bunch of wet food I know she likes (sardines, multiple others) thinking eating something is better than nothing and begin a varied diet. t=26-27: Meds seemed to restart hunger, so I restarted 1u 2x/d on t=28. Pre-food BG levels typically >400, ~5-6hrs post-dose ~300-400. I stop meds after 1-2 days as she seems fine on her own. t28-33: BG readings remain >400 pre-meal and 300-400 at +5-6hr after dosing. t34-47: Vet advises to resume 2u 2x/d. Same general pattern in BG readings: >400 pre-meal, 300-400 at +5-6hr after dosing. (We don't wake in middle of night to check) t48-52 (today): Increase to 3u 2x/d. Same general pattern in BG readings: >400 pre-meal, 300-400 at +5-6 hrs after dosing. 354 to be exact today. I don't work at home, but do have more flexibility than the average 9to5 job. I would very much like to see more progress on the BG readings but have no idea why higher doses aren't working. I'm also lucky to say that finances aren't a big concern, so open to food and other suggestions even if not super economical. Today I started a spreadsheet and will continue to update.