New to posting (6 mos. on Prozinc -reading boards but not posting.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by SueL, Jun 1, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SueL

SueL New Member

Hello, My PNut is on Prozinc, about 6 months now. She was 350-400+ Had one low of 59 that scared me badly, in the beginning - I wasn't sure what normal was, but also was concerned about the long-acting Prozinc continuing that number lower - got past that, then cried :( . Since then, she has hovered in the 120 -260 range I'd say. Recently trending lower on Fancy Feast pate's , a.m. and p.m.and Young Again Zero dry (free feed). Wondering if the free feed can be affecting her numbers? I'm very wary of too low, and aware the Prozinc is long-acting - when I was working FT it was really difficult. I definitely wouldn't dose below 200, as I would be gone 11 -12 hours afterwards. Now that I'm around more often, my timing/schedule hasn't been as rigid, which may be affecting numbers as well (not testing feeding at exact time each day). I have done .5 or "drop" dose when she was 160 or above, but still below 200. Sorry I don't have a spreadsheet, I'm not that organized, I keep a log on a sheet of paper. She still seems a little wobbly on hind end sometimes, but is more lively than she was before, she has also put back on some weight, she had felt very light just before diagnosis. Hard to see changes on fluffy cat.

*I haven't posted til now, but many of the posts on here have helped me through the difficult adjustment and worries of losing my precious kitty. Vet wanted me to only do urine glucose - which was not going to work (wait around for her to go, when I had to go to work?!) Vet advised against the hassle of monitoring with a meter - but it has been a godsend for me. I told my husband, who was worried about the cost that there is no way I can inject her blindly. SO grateful for this board!!! <3

Glucose on human meter Dose Prozinc in am and pm 40 syringe
    5/25 am 173 pm 230 am - pm 1.5
    5/26 am 142 pm 161 am drop pm drop
    5/27 am 159 pm 188 am drop pm .5
    5/28 am 216 pm 193 am 1 pm 1
    5/29 am 113 pm 148 am -- pm --
    5/30 am 207 om 174 am 1 pm .5
    5/31 am 238 pm 91 am 1 pm --
    6/1 am 244 pm tbd am 1 pm tbd

Attached Files:

Sharon14 likes this.
  2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome Sue and PNut! I’m so glad you’re home testing!!! Your numbers don’t look too bad, but if you can set up our spreadsheet, it will be easier for us to interpret them. Also it’s best to come post in the Main Health Forum or the Prozinc Forum for more specific help. Here are the instructions for the spreadsheet, but if you need help setting it up just ask and we’ll get someone to do it for you.
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/

SueL likes this.
  3. SueL

SueL New Member

Thank you for your response - amazingly I think I got the SS set up - it starts around line 80 - need to backfill that later. I will go to Prozinc to ask about nadir and bedtime testing. Thank you for tge assistance

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.