New to the Group

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Jane and Waldo, Oct 20, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jane and Waldo

Jane and Waldo New Member

Hello, Waldo and I are new and feeling a bit overwhelmed with his recent (9/2019) diagnosis. He is taking Lantus 2xday and we have successfully switched to an all wet food diet (under 10 carbs). I have started conditioning him in prep for his first at home BG testing later in the week. My intake coordinator and I had a wonderful phone conversation this morning. I am feeling hopeful. Thanks, Jane and Waldo

2. Red & Rover (GA)

Red & Rover (GA) Well-Known Member

3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome again, Jane and Waldo. Thanks for answering my question on the other thread about Shellie. Yes, DCIN is such a great organization and I'm very glad that Shellie is helping you.

We will do our best to help you and Waldo too. To start with, would you please create a signature for Waldo? That way we can see his pertinent info each time you post. You can add the glucometer, etc when you get that equipment, the signature can be edited at any time.

Setting up your signature (light grey text under a post). Here's how:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using/glucose meter you're using/what he eats/any other meds or health issues he has. You can add a geographic location (sometimes the country/time zone matters) Be sure to SAVE when you are finished.

This is the link to the spreadsheet we use here: Spreadsheet Instructions
    & Understanding the Spreadsheet
    You can set that up now and start recording the insulin dose, then when you begin testing, it will be there ready to record that data.

You can start a thread on the Main Health forum HERE for help with testing, diet...any general health questions or concerns. It would be a good idea for you to visit the Lantus forum HERE and start reading the yellow tagged stickies at the top of the page. Lots of good info about how Lantus works, and give you an idea of the protocols used here. When you start testing, and have your spreadsheet all set up and record that data, that will be the forum you can post in for dosing advice or to ask questions about the insulin.

It's all new right now, and there is a lot to learn at the beginning, but be patient with yourself, ask questions and rely on the information and support you will find here. :cat:

4. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.