Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Becky & Baby Girl GA

Becky & Baby Girl GA Well-Known Member

Newly diagnosed & having a difficult time. My cat is starving, vomiting again & just 3 days on insulin. When can this get better? 5 units & the bs was 500!

2. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Welcome to the forum.

What type of insulin are you using and are you home testing. Normally we ask people to post specific questions on the Health forum, however the fact that he is receiving 5 units is very worrisome so I am replying here. Basically every type of insulin for kitties is started at about 1 unit and then slowly raised in small increments as required with adequate testing data.

Becky & Baby Girl GA likes this.
  3. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! It is all very overwhelming at first but does get better with time. Questions should be posted on the Main Health Forum where they will get much more attention. 5 units is a huge dose for a cat who has only been on insulin 3 days. Any chance that was a typo??

It is very helpful if you set up a signature with some basic info in it so that we do not keep asking you for the same basic information over and over again.

4. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Welcome! We can help. Go to the main health forum and post all your questions so we can get started. I agree that the 5 unit dose is huge and very concerning.

5. Yong & Maury GA

Yong & Maury GA Well-Known Member

Welcome! Also in agreement 5.0U is a very high dose for a newly diabetic kitty. We'll be glad to try and help :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.