Newbie here

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Blackjack, Mar 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blackjack

Blackjack New Member

Hello all
    I have done the introduction and just thought I would post more here about Blackjack. Blackjack was just recently diagnosed with diabetes. A few years ago he started with inflammation of the bladder. Next came pancreatitis which he has been off meds for about 2 years and now he has Diabetes. I am leaving out of town for a few days so Blackjack is going to the vets for a couple of days so the vet can start giving him Lantus. Once I am back he will show me how to test his sugar and how to do the injections. I just read about how an otherwise healthy cat should not be hospitalized, but with me going away I thought it was best to start getting him feeling better.

2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

It’s great you’ll be home testing Blackjack! That’s the best way to get him regulated and keep him safe. When you get back from your trip we’ll help you set up our spreadsheet. It will be very helpful to you and your vet to see how the insulin is working.

3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome! I love you are going to start testing right away. I have a video in my signature showing how I test my cat CC at home

4. Blackjack

Blackjack New Member

Thank you, I will need some help with the spreadsheet. I will watch your video too.

5. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

@Chris & China or @Marje and Gracie can help you with the spreadsheet.

Sharon14 likes this.
  6. Blackjack

Blackjack New Member

Thank you! I started to look at it and ended up closing it for now.

Kris & Teasel likes this.
  7. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

8. Blackjack

Blackjack New Member

Sharon14 and Kris & Teasel like this.
  9. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

Yes, absolutely.

Blackjack, if you can send me a PM, I can do the spreadsheet for you. To send me a PM, click on “Marje and Gracie” to the left and then “start a conversation”. There’s some info I’ll need to get from you.

Thank you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.