?? newbie of feline diabetes

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by LisaMarie & Stewie, Jun 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LisaMarie & Stewie

LisaMarie & Stewie New Member

My Kitty:cat: just got diagnosed with diabetes on Friday 06/21. His glucose was over 500. :(He has a new prescription diet and is on insulin twice a day. He is also scheduled to have a glucose curve in a week in half. I have a question if anyone has any suggestions I'm all about it.
    Wondering if it's OK if I could pre-dose the syringes for the long weekend Friday through Monday. I have someone that's a little nervous on giving the correct dose.
    If I keep them in the fridge needle up and then roll the syringe before administering is Ok?

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Good morning LisaMarie. Welcome to the FDMB. I think it would be a good idea to take your questions to the Main Forum, where more members can see and respond. Just click the link I am providing. If you like, you can copy and paste your original message right into the new thread.
    Main Forum

LisaMarie & Stewie likes this.
  3. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Sorry Lisa, that didn't work, you did create a new thread, but in the same Welcome forum.

I would advise to copy the text of your message, then click on the blue text that says Main Forum, then start a new thread with a title, then paste the text into the window.

You can delete the duplicate post in the Welcome forum before someone responds to it. Don't worry, this happens :cat:

4. LisaMarie & Stewie

I think I did it!
    thank you for your help!

5. allie.crain97

allie.crain97 New Member

My baby sawyer was diagnosed 6/21 as well and had glucose levels of over 600! He's been on insulin for less than four days and already his BG is down to the 300s. Good luck with everything!

6. LisaMarie & Stewie

That's great! I have to get a glucose monitor to check his levels. Good luck with everything as well. I will keep you posted in the next coming days if improvement!!!

7. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Welcome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.