Newbie to ProZinc

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by JanetNJ, Aug 16, 2018.

1. Amanda and a Loudogg

Amanda and a Loudogg Well-Known Member

Whooo!! Go CC go! But just stay safe out there! I hope you can see some good numbers tonight Janet! How much longer until you go back to work?

2. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

It is scary the first time you do it. And unfortunately, this is the kind of thing that just depends on the cat. If it was my kitty, I would definitely give the full dose because he doesn’t dive, and a low PS is meaningless with my guy. However, there are kitties that dive. And with C.C. we just don’t know at this point. I agree with Kris’ advice: this is the time to try it. You’re going back to work soon and you definitely don’t want to try this experiment on a school night! You may end up having a long night. Or you might get to go to sleep at +2 without a worry in the world. Time will tell :cat:

Kris & Teasel and JanetNJ like this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Tues. I go back. :(

Djamila likes this.
  4. JanetNJ

Well I can def get a +4 or 5. So that will let me know if I have to make a 10 pm coffee.

Kris & Teasel and Djamila like this.
  5. Djamila

Djamila Well-Known Member

CC did a good job working her insulin tonight. I was kind of hoping she might surf the blues a bit, but she did well just holding steady like that. Keep an eye on her tomorrow though. There is a superstition about the cycle that follows a long flat run in the yellows...;)

JanetNJ likes this.
  6. Jenna Josie

Jenna Josie Member

What is that?

7. JanetNJ

Ok she's 233 this morning!!! Hold steady or reduce?

8. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

It's been observed often that a run of flat yellow precedes a drop in numbers. No one knows why but it's a commonly observed pattern so we pay attention when it happens. The mysteries of FD ... o_O

Jenna Josie, SpotsMom and Djamila like this.