Newbies here, George and his mom, Billie

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Billie Guthrie, Mar 19, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Billie Guthrie

Billie Guthrie New Member

We live in AZ after moving to KS in 2006 to take care of my parents. While we were there, there was a litter of kittens born under my parents deck and that is how George, his sister Gracie and I got together and have been very happy together for the last 11 years. After my parents had both passed, we moved to AZ in 2016 to get away from the snow. This year, that was a joke as we had 18"s of snow which was beautiful because we did not have to go out in it.
    In 2005, George was diagnosed with diabetes, and life as we knew it has never been the same. He requires shots twice a day which makes it very hard to travel, so we constantly need to find cat sitters that can or will give him his shots. Boo Hoo. LOL
    Guess that is enough info for now, so will sign out and wait to find out what the next step is.

2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

Welcome Billie and George. I'm so glad you have found FDMB so we can meet you and that little charmer. Hopefully you will find information and advice that will help you with the diabetes treatment. What kind of food does George eat? Are you home testing his blood sugar? What kind of insulin is he on?
    If you would create a signature that information, with a bit more, will show up with each of your posts and we won't have to keep asking the same questions.
    (light grey text under a post). Here's how:
    click on your name in the upper right corner of this page
    click on "signature" in the menu that drops down
    type the following in the box that opens: kitty's name/age/date of diabetes diagnosis/insulin you're using and dosage amount /glucose meter you're using/what (s)he eats/any other meds or health issues (s)he has. You can add your name, and a geographic location (sometimes the time zone matters) Be sure to SAVE when you are finished.
    If you are testing him, we use a spreadsheet here to record the insulin and testing data to see how the insulin is affecting our kitties. Then we can take a look at it before offering any suggestions or advice. If you aren't testing him we can provide information about why it's so important, how to go about it, as well as provide the links to the spreadsheet instructions.
    Going forward please post questions and concerns in the Main Health forum HERE, as that forum gets more traffic and more members will be able to respond.
    We will help in any way we can. :cat:

Last edited: Mar 19, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.