? Newer Prozinc user in UK needs some dose advice

Discussion in 'Prozinc / PZI' started by Tuxedo Mom, Sep 9, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

Ragdoll likes this.
  2. Alexi

Alexi Member

Thanks - I just posted in her original thread but we need some experienced eyes on this.

Ragdoll, Ruby&Baco and Tuxedo Mom like this.
  3. Tuxedo Mom

Thanks Alexi. I had tagged you and a number of other people, but I see from your response on the other thread that the tag did not go through.

Ragdoll likes this.
  4. Alexi

Alexi Member

5. Tuxedo Mom

Ragdoll likes this.
  6. Ruby&Baco

Ruby&Baco Well-Known Member

I didn't get this tag ! There is something wrong with tagging I think! The one you posted Alexi in the original thread I did get an alert.

Ragdoll likes this.
  7. Ragdoll

Ragdoll New Member

Thank you for starting this thread for me, and for all being so supportive and helpful. It really means a lot - this is such a hard situation! I posted an update in the other thread, so to save repeating myself I'll paste it below...

Thank you all very much for your advice. I've gone ahead and ordered another meter which should arrive sooner, as I noticed the estimated delivery date for the one I ordered last week has slipped to the beginning of October for some reason. Hopefully this one should arrive in the next few days.

We've actually had some further news about Floyd's test results from his stay during his DKA episode. His aldosterone levels are apparently sky high which isn't good news, and could mean a tumour in his adrenal gland. He's going back in to the vets on Monday for further tests, so they will also be able to recheck his glucose readings, and I can discuss reducing his insulin dosing with his vet.

In the meantime I am being extra vigilant for any signs of hypo, and am armed with honey and gravy laden food in case it is needed.

Thank you again for all your support, it is much appreciated.

8. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Sending prayers and positive thoughts for Floyd's vet visit Monday. Let us know how it goes.

Ragdoll likes this.
  9. Ragdoll

Ragdoll New Member

Thank you <3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.