Newly Diagnosed, 8yrs old

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Zazzy, Jul 8, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zazzy

Zazzy Member

Hi all,

Zazzy was recently diagnosed and will be on Lantus as soon as we find a reasonable place to get it. She has been with me for almost 8 years and she begrudgingly accepted my husband into our little family when she was about 2. She is a sassy little diva and she definitely rules the roost.

Thank you for being such a supportive community! It's a scary journey, but I think Zazzy has already been doing a bit better just with the diet switch. Hopefully we'll be able to manage this pretty easily.

Last edited: Jul 8, 2019
  2. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

Welcome! It is scary at first, but it will get easier. Diet change is a great first step! As for Lantus it is expensive in the US, so many of us buy it from THIS pharmacy in Canada. We also recommend you purchase the pens rather than the vial, and use each one as a minivial by drawing the insulin out using syringes with half unit markings. These can be purchased at Walmart or any other pharmacy or online at https://www.adwdiabetes.com/.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.