Newly Diagnosed Diabetic Kitty needs help.

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Michelle Adamchak, Nov 28, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michelle Adamchak

Michelle Adamchak New Member

Thank you for the add, looking forward to all the helpful hints, tricks, tips, and basic information on my newly diagnosed 17 year old cat named Ubu.

I have a question about vomiting. My kitties only been on novolin for 10 days, she has been vomiting, about every other day. Has anyone else experienced this with their cats and novolin insulin? She's not exhibiting any other signs of ketoacidosis, or hyper or hypo glycemia. Just wondering if it's her meds, and she's reacting badly to the insulin, her diet has not changed.

2. FurBabiesMama

FurBabiesMama Well-Known Member

Welcome! You will probably want to post your questions on the Main Health Forum since this is an introduction forum. There are also forums for the specific types of insulin.

3. Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA)

Sandi&Maxine&Whispy(GA) Well-Known Member

Oh what a rough start you've had, I am so sorry. I agree with @FurBabiesMama, follow the link to the main health forum and post a new thread there (you can cut and paste this same info) because that forum sees more traffic. You can even put "vomiting on novolin" in the title to get the right eyes on it.

I have never used Novolin so I can't speak to that, but I didn't have any vomiting with either of my diabetics when starting them on other insulin. A quick question though - you say no signs of hypoglycemia, does that mean that your are testing Ubu's blood sugar at home? Because the one time that I caught Whisper's blood sugar unexpectedly very low (in the 30's) was because we came home and found him vomiting and immediately tested him. So I am just a little worried to know if she is vomiting because her sugar is way too low. Here or in a new thread in Health, it would help to know if you are testing, what your current insulin dose is, and what you are feeding Ubu.

But mostly, I just wanted to say welcome to you both!
    Asndi&Whisper.

4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club. I never used Novolin for Leo either. But he seems to vomit a lot at night. I think it is because he doesn't have food in his stomach. And he does tend to eat a lot. Usually the vomit is just liquidy stuff without much food in it.

5. Noah & me (GA)

Noah & me (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome to the club. See on in the main forum. Things will get better for you.:)

6. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

I'm a newbie too and trying hard to learn.

I just wanted to stop by and welcome you. It's a good place to have found.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.